Obviously, a lot of new information about Battlefield 3 became available during GamesCon 2011. Luckily, bf3blog.com has rounded up all the statistics known thus far. They are as follows:
- Team Deathmatch will support 24 players on all platforms.
- PC won’t have in-game server browser, but consoles will.
- Co-op was shown, but there is no couch co-op.
- List of all the confirmed weapons, vehicles, 9 Maps
- 2 Conquest modes: Conquest and Conquest 64 (PC Only).
- The game will ship with 9 maps (excluding Back To Karkand DLC).
- PC version is designed for ALT-TAB between game and Battlelog. There is no splash screen or loading menu or login page — it goes directly into the game.
- PC version will get “Ultra” graphics quality setting
- Hardcore mode will return in Battlefield 3
- Infantry-only setting will return as well
Batlefield 3 game modes confirmed:
- Conquest 64
- Squad Rush
- Team Deathmatch
- Squad Deathmatch
- Commo Rose has been confirmed. DICE is working on a console version of Commo Rose as well.
- 3D spotting has been revised.
- Motion sensors are back, but cannot be thrown, and have to be deployed.
- The EOD bot can be used to arm MCOMs, repair vehicles and disarm mines.
- Players can spawn on any squad member now, but DICE is looking into it.
- Kill-cam is back.
- Jet max height is 1000m (same as BF2).
- Jets will be available on consoles as well.
- Bullets from different weapons have different velocity speeds, bullet drop is back as well.
- Weapons are faction specific, but you can unlock other faction’s weaponsonce your rank up high enough.
- Weapon silencers will be available on almost all weapons except shotguns.
- Assault rifles with long, high-zoom scopes will have “glint” as well.
- Claymores are back. You can crouch past them, but have to use explosives to blow up claymores and mines.
- Vehicles will have regenerative health until being disabled.