Check out the latest list of confirmed Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 multiplayer details as confirmed by Treyarch senior game design director, David Vonderhaar.
Via Vonderhaar’s latest Tweets, Black Ops 2 community site CharlieINTEL has been able to gather some of the latest, confirmed multiplayer details which you can check out below. You will notice a few points which are already widely known, but you’ll most certainly learn something new as well.
Remember to check out our full Black Ops 2 multiplayer preview to find out what we thought about the game.
Confirmed Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Details
- Live streaming specific details are coming soon.
- Black Ops 2 will have Global Stats leaderboards.
- Playlists are no longer level-gated.
- Four shotguns are available in MP.
- You can adjust the music volume.
- You cannot have two of the same killstreaks unless one is from a care package.
- If you’ve not chosen a secondary in your loadout, you can pick one up from fallen enemies in-game.
- The Ballistic Knife will return.
- It is possible to create and save multiple emblems to “apply” later on.
- Maximum overtime round is 2.
- Any mode like the multiplayer, zombies or campaign can be set to launch by default.
- There are 14 multiplayer maps on disc at launch, 15 if you include Nuletown 2025.
- You do not need a party to enter any League Play games.
- Domination is round-based with halftime.
- There are currently no plans to release Nuketown 2025 to those that did not pre-order Black Ops 2.
- One Prestige benefit includes the ability to put emblems and tags on weapons.
- Combat Recorded stats are in League Play
Learn anything new? What points interest you the most? Let us know in the comments below!
Black Ops 2 is just around the corner. Check out the latest live-action trailer if you haven’t yet.