343 Industries is gearing up to launch a brand new multiplayer update for Halo 4 that will change up the way a lot of the game’s weaponry works across all War Games playlists.
The studio has been working hard over the past few weeks to rebalance and fine tune almost every weapon available in the Halo 4 sandbox, from the DRM to the Battle Rifle and the Magnum to the Warthog’s Chain Gun.
Today, the team has updated the Halo Waypoint with the final list of changes that will be implemented this Monday, June 3, across all Halo 4 playlists. In addition, multiplayer designer Quinn DelHoyo notes on Twitter, that “this update is huge. Weapons, movement speed, refreshed maps w/new weapons, vehicles, and cover, and 2x layer Overshield,” and that “base speed is being increased 10% across the board.”
Check out the weapon-specific details below:
- The Battle Rifle damage has been increased. The Battle Rifle is now capable of killing in four bursts.
- The Battle Rifle rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
- The Battle Rifle red reticle range (range at which auto-aim benefits kick in) has been decreased.
- Two bursts from a Battle Rifle followed by a melee will now kill an opponent (2-shot melee).
- The Carbine damage has been increased. The Carbine is now capable of killing in seven rounds.
- The Carbine accuracy has been increased (projectile spread decrease).
- The Carbine red reticle range has been decreased.
- The LightRifle zoomed rate of fire has been increased.
- The LightRifle un-zoomed rate of fire has been slightly decreased.
- The LightRifle red reticle range has been increased to match the updated DMR range.
- The DMR red reticle range has been slightly decreased.
- The Assault Rifle damage has been slightly increased. The Assault Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
- The Assault Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Assault Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
- The Storm Rifle damage has been increased. The Storm Rifle now kills in three less rounds.
- The Storm Rifle auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Storm Rifle projectile spread has been decreased.
- The Suppressor damage has been increased. The Suppressor now kills in three less rounds.
- The Suppressor auto-aim angle has been reduced.
- The Suppressor projectile spread has been decreased.
- The damage has been increased to maintain double the damage-per-second of the Assault Rifle.
- The damage has been slightly increased. The Magnum is still capable of killing in six rounds.
- The damage has been increased on both the Mantis and Warthog Chain Gun.
A few new matchmaking updates are also arriving this Monday. You can catch the full details here.
Lastly, 343 writes that, on Monday, the team “will be playing online from 5-7 PM PDT in a selection of playlists which will likely include Rumble Pit, Big Team Infinity Slayer, Capture the Flag, Team Objective, and possibly more.” Full details are incoming later this week.
Excited for #Halo4Turbo this June 3, as 343i has been dubbing it on Twitter?