Digital Extremes has recently released a rather huge hotfix for their free-to-play, third-person PC shooter (soon to be PS4), Warframe.
The fix will hog up a little over 800 MB on your hard drive, but its contents aren’t short on a ton of goodies. It features numerous additions, characters class tweaks, changes and fixes a number of issues.
Check out the details below, courtesy of Warframe’s official forum:
Hotfix 8.3 Details
- Added improved Solar Landmark system for Grandmasters.
- Expanded animation library for the Grineer (combat and ambient animations)
- MOTD now displayed in halls of the Dojo.
- Added support for /invite in chat, and inviting people who aren’t on your friends list or in your clan.
- Added 2 options for consumable Fireworks items to the Market.
- Added Red White & Blue color picker.
- Added game invite and add friend options to chat user list context menu.
- Doubled the length of alerts for rare rewards.
- Alert System 2.0 is live
- Stalker Bow and Paris 3D draw sounds now have fire rate multiplier.
- 3D Sounds on Pistols and Sentinel now have proper mix effects.
- Improved NPC awareness transfer across host migration.
- Revised multiple melee weapon animations.
- Improved enemy waypoints on minimap to show true location instead of next closest nav location.
- Dojo pieces that are dead ends are marked as such.
- Enemies that had had elemental immunities now take regular damage, with multiplied damage for weaknesses (fire and electricity).
- Updated Warframe abilities to use energy color selected by player.
- Grineer now play animation while activating security system, allowing slightly more time to interrupt.
- Improved anti-cheat detection.
- Replaced all known Corpus consoles with Grineer consoles in Grineer levels.
- Made session join failures able to identify when the failure was because the session is full; hopefuly this will make losing a void key join race a little less magical.
- Added missing sounds from Prime melee weapons (swoosh!).
- Only enemies that see the player will activate panic buttons, preventing enemies in other zones hitting activating the alarms.
- Reduced particle systems on some fog that were causing performance issues on low-end machines.
- Prova Weapon model updated.
- Mag: Pull- Changed to pull all targets in front of the player.
- Mag: Shield Polarize – Now radial instead of single target. Radial damage around enemy targets that suffer shield drain.
- Mag: Bullet Attractor – Bullet attractors now become volatile when target dies before attractor is finished, these cause radial damage around the dead target.(needs more visual polish)
- Rhino: Iron Skin – 400,600,800,1200 damage caps. Removed timer.
- Rhino Roar: NEW POWER: Radial damage buff for all players within range (10%,15%,25%,50%)
- Rhino: Rhino Stomp – Rolled Radial blast and Rhino Stomp together. Rhino Stomp now does damage to enemies(150,300,500,800)
- Volt: Speed: Now a radial group buff, All Tenno in a radius around the caster will get a speed and melee weapon speed increase (speed, range, duration all increase with fusion level). Range (15,20,22,25) Speed (10%,15%,25%,50%) Duration (5,6,8,10).
- Overload: Higher damage output during entire animation.
- Shock: Has proper chaining, fusion now increases the number of chains and the radius it looks for further chaining targets.
- Fixed Defense Missions awarding level 0 Fusion Cores
- Fixed Endless Defense missions that could be ended immediately upon host migration.
- Fixed AI pathfinding reported in Grineer Boss room.
- Fixed areas in Grineer maps that players could wall run out of the level.
- Fixed edge case issue where objective marker would not clear upon completing Capture objective.
- Fixed issue where some AI types could not be executed with stealth kills.
- Fixed stealth attacks on Infested Chargers that failed to bring out melee weapon.
- Fixed stealth attack kills not counting towards mission kill stats.
- Fixed loot crate positions in Corpus Outpost hanger that were inside the floor.
- Fixed loss of functionality when loading mods if user has significant amount in inventory.
- Fixed missing sound effects for Fang and Ether Daggers slide attack.
- Fixed all projectiles to accept energy color selection.
- Fixed lag and FX issues when shooting through Volt’s shield.
- Fixed Ember’s World on Fire ability not showing effects on enemies.
- Fixed missing Loc strings observed in Orokin missions.
- Fixed missing ragdoll events on Infested death animations.
- Fixed missing Cronus charge attack sound.
- Fixed idle animations that would move the player slightly when no weapons are equipped (Dojo).
- Fixed mis-aligned muzzle flash on Burston weapon.
- Fixed instances of inactive Corpus AI when spawned on centre platform of Outpost Defense.
- Fixed some Defense text strings that would appear to clients in host’s language.
- Fixed various Warframe abilities that were not working on Cryopod/Core.
- Fixed issue where pending recipe list was falsely reporting to be empty.
- Fixed various reported graphics clipping and z-fighting issues.
- Fixed Vortex instantly killing enemies in certain cases .
- Fixed ragdolls being destroyed when held in a Vortex for too long (more than 15 seconds).
- Fixed various lightmap and z-fighting issues in reported levels.
- Fixed issue where game invites would not be ignored from ignored users.
- Fixed Orokin traps causing shockwave will cause screen blur throughout the whole level.
- Fixed a Corpus extraction level that allowed users to climb out of it.
- Fixed Ash’s Smoke Screen where he’d hold both melee and primary weapon.
- Fixed Kogake charge attack from damaging Sentinels.
- Fixed various reported collision and clipping issues across all maps.
- Fixed some edge cases where melee strikes would attack with primary weapon.
- Fixed melee action being temporarily blocked after completing a slide attack with Dual Zorens.
- Fixed some missions may be completed by simply walking into the extraction.
- Fixed mantling not always working when there are some obstructions above the player.
- Fixed issue where doors remain locked after lockdown is cleared.
- Fixed Phorid not attacking crouched players.
- Fixed Orokin laser trap cooldown UI timer not showing on clients.
- Fixed various map holes and clipping issues based on user reports.
- Fixed issue where Rescue Agents and nearby AI would pause if player ran two rooms ahead.
- Fixed progression stopper where secondary capture mission target did not appear.
- Fixed an issue where Trinity could get sliced in half or ragdoll when her link target was meant to receive such an injury.
- Fixed rescue room triggers to only enable when the objective is active to prevent bugs when it’s a secondary objective.
- Fixed enemies springing to their feet immediately after surviving Mag’s Crush ability.
- Fixed some animation blending issues when carrying Datamass.
- Fixed some common trouble spots where Datamass could get stuck and be unreachable.
- Fixed issue where Corpus elevator could occasionally change direction before reaching the top.
- Fixed Ember’s World on Fire ability from targeting inactive turrets.
- Fixed multiple issues with Mag Bullet Attractor ability (FX on host/client, unintended projectile weapon behaviour, Glaive was not working with this ability).
- Fixed Hammer Boss phases breaking after Frost’s Avalanche ability.
- Fixed issue where a primary or secondary Spy objective would require 0 terminals.
- Fixed multiple reported crash issues.
- Fixed ‘Power In Use’ bug when using Frost’s Avalanche
- Fixed missing animation with Volt’s Overload.
- Fixed Matchmaking region resetting on Login.
- Fixed ‘square’ light artifact around dynamic lights (most noticable in cave tilesets).
- Returned Infested pack to the store after accidentally removing it.