Infinity Ward aims to improve competitive Call of Duty with a number of incoming updates to hit Call of Duty: Ghosts in the coming weeks.
In a recent forum update on the game’s official website, Infinity Ward senior community manager Tina Palacios outlined a number of tweaks and updates currently in the works at the studio, which the team plans “to roll out as soon as possible to support competitive Call of Duty based on your feedback.”
“These will appear as both hot fixes and TUs in the coming weeks alongside planned changes to the areas of Ghosts affecting all players, such as spawns,” she writes. ”Regarding eSports specifically in the immediate future, we aim to:”
- Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
- Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs).
“Additionally, we’re committed to delivering the below (in no particular order):”
- Removal of split-screen in Private match when eSports rules are enabled.
- Add eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlist.
- Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.
- Modify Dead Silence/Amplify functionality.
- Resolve the defuse timer animation discrepancy.
- Modify the defuse time sound effects if the defuse process is cancelled.
- Add game action overlays where needed (flag captures, etc.).
- Resolve the leaderboard’s red death indicator delay.
- Roll over player in scoreboard to highlight arrow in mini-map.
- Investigating the addition of Xbox One LAN support.
See anything you like? Affecting everyone is the addition of eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlists, as well as a fix that will now allow solo player entry and mixed clan teams in Clan Wars.
Let us know what you think of the new updates in the comments below!