Battlefield 4 gets its first patch of 2014 on the PC.
The brand new update once again looks to improve stability and fix a few more bugs, including a memory leak that would cause game crashes after level shutdowns.
Interestingly, the patch also pushes a few balancing tweaks to the stealth and attack jets. Stealth jets now handle more similar to each other and also benefit from a 45% increase in 20mm cannon damage. Attack jets have also been tweaked to handle more similar to each other.
For the full list of updates, feel free to check out the full patch notes below. Stay tuned for more news regarding upcoming Battlefield 4 patches on the Xbox and PlayStation consoles.
UPDATE 1: In addition to the game update, you’ll also find patch notes for a recent PC server update below.
UPDATE 2: The Battlelog notes that PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 updates are incoming January 14 at 2am PDT / 10am UTC.
January 13 Battlefield 4 PC Patch Notes
- Various fixes for improving general stability
- Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
- Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
- Added a warning for using Legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
- Fixed a player feedback timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators, and before damage was actually done
- Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
- Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles.
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
- Increased damage by 25% for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
- Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F35 & J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
- Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
- Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
- Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
- Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
Battlefield 4 R18 Server Update
- Compatibility updates for the Jan 13 PC game update
- Enabled Live Scoreboard for all game servers
- Changed Air Superiority default tickets from 100 to 200
- Fixes for five server crashes