Are things getting a bit dull in the world of PvZ: Garden Warfare 2? If so, the latest patch to go live for PopCap’s quirky third-person shooter should spice things up. Especially to those of you who enjoy using some of the underperforming characters that were introduced into the game.
As the recent patch looks to bring two of the latest characters to be introduced to the game Scallywag Pirate and Breakfast Hero a bit on par with the rest of their counterparts. Though, the aforementioned characters aren’t the only ones that are being looked at as PopCap is also toning down a few characters such as Electro Peashooter, Electro Citron and Tennis Allstar.
Below you’ll find the latest game play changes and bug fixes to be introduced into the game as of April 6th:
- Sometimes Captain Squawk character stickers show up without his name, not anymore
- Fixed endless Toxic Overload issue for Toxic Brainz ensuring it always times out as designed
- Addressed performance issues around too many Party Imps appearing in the same session
- Prevent game from crashing due to two specific customizations (Druid-Robo’k hat & Derby Dillo)
- Ensured proper difficulty level for the Red Gnome in the “Brothers Gnomus” Boss Hunt
- Increased rate of fire from 150 to 200
- Increased ammo capacity from 10 to 12
- Doubled the speed at which his rate of fire increases for both his ranged and melee attacks.
- Charged Shot First Level o Decreased splash damage from 30 to 25 (also affects impact damage) o Decreased inner splash radius from 3 to 2 o Decreased splash radius 4 to 3.
- Charged Shot Second Level o Decreased splash damage from 45 to 40 (also affects impact damage) o Decreased inner splash radius from 3.5 to 2.5 o Decreased splash radius from 5 to 4.
- Decreased detonation damage from 30 to 27
- Decreased detonation radius from 4 to 3.5
- Decreased regular splash damage from 18 to 16 Captain Cannon
- Decreased detonation damage from 35 to 32
- Decreased detonation inner damage radius from 4 to
- Decreased movement speed while priming/firing by 25%
Alongside the new balancing patch, it should also be noted that there’s a new in-game event going on to celebrate the spirit of Easter. Which sees you talking to a new NPC tasking you with finding a new hiding key daily for the opportunity to earn a free Easter themed cosmetic item for a random character.
Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 is available for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms.