Behaviour Interactive has released a new patch for Dead by Daylight on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Update 1.19 is currently rolling out, fixing balancing issues and more.
For the full list of patch notes, see below:
- Dead by Daylight 1.19 added new VFX when failing a generator skill check to wake up
- Added a status effect on the portrait of a Survivor who is asleep
- Added dissolve VFX on the Nightmare when a survivor is transitioning to the Dream State
- Dead by Daylight update 1.19 has removed the in and out of Dream World transition when The Nightmare performs his memento mori kill. Now survivors who are being killed by the Nightmare will always be in the Dream State
- Increased The Nightmare’s terror radius from 16 to 24 meters. Increasing the Terror radius allows for survivors to have more room to maneuver around Freddy without having their aura seen. We’ve matched the Terror Radius and Lullaby to keep The Nightmare’s presence consistent at a base.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.19 increased The Nightmares slowdown when successfully putting someone to sleep from 1 to 3 seconds. The slowdown will be more present and give survivors a slight window to put distance between themselves and Freddy before they are asleep.
- The Nightmare will now appear twice briefly during the Dream Transition instead of being visible throughout the Dream Transition. This change should help Freddy players to confuse their targets and encourage a disengage and surprise strategy.
- Survivors with the Adrenaline perk at all Tiers will automatically be woken up from the Dream State when Adrenaline triggers. Adrenaline tiers 1 and 2 gain the ability to heal from dying as well as Tier 1 gains a 5-second sprint on activation. Updated description in English only
- Dead by Daylight 1.19 removed the ability to wake up a survivor in crawl state. Now when healed to the injured state they will automatically be woken up. Also applicable when using the Unbreakable perk
- Changed the medkit add-ons Needle & Thread and Surgical Suture to have an additive increased skill check chances instead of a multiplicative one. Changed the Surgical Suture Skillcheck chance, increased it from Slightly(3%) to Moderately(5%). English only
- Tweaked the Dream State VFX when a survivor is being pulled out of a locker when awake. Now the survivor is put to sleep at the beginning of the interaction rather than at the end
- Nightmare’s Red Paint Brush add-on reduces terror radius by 16 meters instead of 8 meters, this is an adjustment since we increased the terror radius to 24 meters as a base for Freddy.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.19 fixed a bug where we made the 0.3 seconds of the attack always play has made all lunges feel longer. In fact, we are playing the full attack phase animation allowing the killer too fully swing before playing the blade wipe animation. We have made a tweak this patch where this is not true for the obstruction hit. An obstruction as soon as it is registered will go into the obstruction hit cooldown.
BUG FIXED in Dead by Daylight 1.19
- Fixed an issue that caused The Nightmare to see the outline of a survivor when they stood in front of a generator.
- Dead by Daylight 1.19 fixed an issue where the attack detection phase would be skipped as soon as a target is found. This affects the lunge and makes it so that the full attack animation 0.3 seconds is played each time you swing, after the attack phase the character will go into the blade wipe, obstruction hit, or miss swing animation. This was done in the Nightmare DLC release. We have now adjusted the obstruction hit to not completely play, please see balance change for more details.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a survivor to fall out of the world and die when getting rescued from a hook.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.19 has fixed an issue that could cause survivors arms to contort when getting unhooked.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to interact with a totem located between a tree and fishing boat in the Backwater Swamp theme.
- Adjusted the shape of the yard of one of the houses in Badham Preschool that caused grass to appear inside the house.
- Fixed an issue that made it possible to get stuck behind a chest in the Badham Preschool map.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.19 adjusted the collision on some bush asset barriers in Badhman Preschool.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a hedge and a rock on the Badham Preschool map.
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a tree and a trashcan in the Badham Preschool map.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.19 fixed an issue that made it impossible to pass between a rock and fence on the Badham Preschool map.
Fixed a collision that sometimes blocked player movement between the crashed school bus and a rock in the Autohaven Wrecker’s theme.
- Dead by Daylight 1.19 fixed an issue that sometimes made it impossible for the Hillbilly and the Cannibal to use the chainsaw sprint in the main entrance of the Smokehouse.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Hag’s killer stain to appear extremely bright.
- Fixed an issue that could cause survivors to teleport to the first floor of the Treatment Room when healing another survivor on the control panel.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.19 has fixed an issue that could cause survivors to teleport on to the chandelier in the main house in Mother’s Dwelling when waking up another survivor.
- Fixed an issue that allowed a recovering survivor to be able to stack recovering and healing progression.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.19 fixed an issue that caused the Unbreakable perk to be consumed if the survivor was holding the Recover button at the same time they were being healed.
- Fixed an audio and desync issue when the Nightmare performed his memento mori
- Fixed an issue that caused the Nightmare’s hand to bend unnaturally during his memento mori.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.19 fixed an issue that caused the destroy pallet audio string to play when the Nightmare damages a generator.
- Fixed an issue that caused survivors to have the Wake Up prompt when the action wasn’t actually available.
- Dead by Daylight 1.19 updated the descriptions of all the Medkit items to reflect the healing speed is increased while healing others. English only.
- Adjusted the fire visual effects in the basement of the Badham Preschool.
- Dead by Daylight update 1.19 has fixed an issue that caused a laggy transition when survivors escaped through the exit.
- Addressed an issue that caused all audio to become occluded for both roles in Treatment Theatre.
- Addressed the textures on some walls in Treatment Theatre.
- Dead by Daylight version 1.19 fixed an issue that caused clients to be stuck in the lobby screen when the host disconnected during the lobby countdown.
What do you think of this new patch? Let us know below.
In other updates news, Need for Speed Payback has a day one patch which fixes crash issues and sound problems, Call of Duty: WWII has been updated ahead of the double XP weekend, and Pokkén Tournament DX is being tweaked to fix character bugs and balance issues.