Overwatch fans, there’s a new Overwatch update out now (1.16 or 2.21 on PlayStation 4), and clocks in at a whopping 18GB! As one can expect, there’s a lot of hero tweaks, as well as gameplay adjustments that are made. Aside from that, expect the big Halloween update to be part of it as well.
Check out the Overwatch patch notes below for both gameplay and hero tweaks.
- Players now have the option to now hold down the boost button, rather than using the default toggle method. Releasing the button will end the ability. The Hold Boosters option can be found under the ‘Controls’ tab in the ‘Options’ menu – select D.Va from the dropdown menu.
- Stun attacks that hit Genji during his Dragonblade’s casting animation won’t interrupt the cast. (Soldier: 76, Winston, and Bastion’s ults work the same way.)
- Can now be interrupted when Orisa is stunned or hacked.
- Now interrupts the following ultimate abilities: Ana’s Nano Boost, Orisa’s Supercharger, Mei’s Blizzard, Reinhardt’s Earthshatter, and D.Va’s Call Mech.
Overwatch Patch 1.16 User Interface changes
- A team-coloured high-water mark will now appear in the progress bar until the attacking team has overtaken the defending team’s progress
- When capturing an objective, the progress bar is now broken into three segments; when filled, each segment will trigger an animation and audio cue
- The number of defenders currently on the objective will now be displayed with the attacker count, just below the progress bar
- Team colours are now visible in the capture point progress bar on Assault, Escort, and Assault/Escort maps
Overwatch Patch 1.16 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that allowed muted players to become unmuted after leaving and rejoining the same match
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get trapped in a movement loop after taking the tunnel under the capture point in the University section of Oasis
- Fixed an issue that caused matches to end in a draw when both teams won their first attacking rounds in overtime on Hanamura, Horizon Lunar Colony, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
- Custom Games and Game Browser
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Capture Speed Modifier setting from being applied in custom games
- Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va’s Projectile Speed slider from appearing in Custom Game settings
- Fixed a bug that prevented D.Va’s Micro Missles from producing rumble feedback when using a controller with vibration enabled
- Fixed a bug that caused Lúcio’s soccer ball to fly off in the wrong direction when activating his Juggle emote at 30 FPS
- Fixed a bug that caused Mercy to maintain forward momentum after canceling Guardian Angel mid-flight
- Fixed a bug that could cause heroes to respawn as a different hero after being resurrected by Mercy
- Fixed a bug that caused Roadhog’s chest to deflate when his Tuckered Out emote was activated while the Mako or Sharkbait skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug that prevented the sound effects on Symmetra’s turrets from being heard by teammates
- Fixed a bug that prevented Torbjörn’s weapon-draw animation from being played when turret placement was canceled
- Fixed a bug on Junkertown that allowed some heroes to get stuck behind a barrel near the final point
- Fixed a bug on King’s Row that caused a dark box to appear if you stared into the robot city for too long
- Fixed a bug that allowed Sombra to reach unintended locations on Volskaya Industries
- Fixed a bug affecting Ilios, Lijang Tower, Nepal, and Oasis that prevented overtime progress from resetting when the point had been flipped after both teams’ progress bars reached 99%
- Fixed a bug that could cause Widowmaker’s scoped overlay to appear while spectating her from third person view
It’s also been said that the Overwatch update changes how ultimates are handled when your character bites the dust. Before, once you activated your ultimate, you’d respawn with a little of it back in your meter. Now, that won’t be the case anymore. Also of note, the patch notes above are for the PC version, but if there are differences to the PS4 and Xbox One versions, we’ll update the post.
Lastly, Mercy hasn’t been tweaked just yet, so yeah, expect here to continue using her new abilities for now.