Read up on these Rocket League patch notes to learn all about the content coming this month. The game is getting quite the overhaul, and customization options are being given a boost, with additional drops and the introduction of player banners. The update will be available September 28.
Here’s everything you can look forward to:
- Farmstead, a new Seasonal Arena available in Competitive, Casual, and Private matches for a limited time this Fall
- More than 90 free new Customization Items available as Uncommon, Rare, and Very Rare drops after online matches or from Trade-Ins
- The introduction of Player Banners, a new player customization feature
- The End of Competitive Season 5 and the start of Competitive Season 6
- Standardization of Arenas for Competitive and Casual Online play
- Transparent Goalposts
- LAN Support for PC players
If reading is tricky, or you prefer video interpretation, here’s the update’s official trailer: (Yes, it even has a trailer!)
Psyonix has also stated that it hopes a new Tournament mode will be in beta testing before the end of the year.
“A tournament system is something we’ve wanted for Rocket League since our launch in July 2015,” the studio said. “In-game Tournaments would allow all of our players, from Rookie to Rocketeer, to take part in competitions without ever having to leave the game client.”
Are you looking forward to the upcoming patch and new content? How about a possible Tournament mode?