It’s been almost two years since the release of a Hindu god in Smite, with the last god for the pantheon releasing all the way back in June 2015. Thankfully, Smite’s upcoming patch “Pillar Of Success” looks to remedy that issue with the latest god to be added to the game, Ganesha.
Ganesha, whom will join the likes of Kumbhakarna in the Guardian role, offers a pretty unique kit in the world of Smite. Ganesha is all about protecting his team-mates with buffs and/or awarding his team with free kills if they are in the vicinity of his passive.
Below you’ll find the details of his unique kit:
- Passive – Good Fortune
- Upon killing an enemy God, Ganesha will instead give the nearest friendly God the Kill credit and receive the rewards for an Assist. In addition, his Assist range is increased by 20 units and the duration for his Assists is increased by 5s.
- First Ability – Turn of Fate
- Ganesha curses his enemies with his considerable willpower, damaging (90/150/210/270/330 +55% of your Magical Power) them. For each enemy he hits (up to a maximum of 5), all allied gods within 55 units of Ganesha gain Bonus Damage. Cost: 65/70/75/80/85. Cooldown: 14s.
- Bonus Damage Per Stack : 2%.
- Second Ability – Ohm
- Ganesha begins chanting and rises into the lotus position, where he is slowed slightly but allows him to travel freely in all directions. While chanting, he silences enemy gods in a cone in front of him and increases Physical Protections for all nearby allied gods. Cost: 55/60/65/70/75. Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10s.
- Duration: 1.8s.
- Protections: 20/30/40/50/60.
- Third Ability – Remove Obstacles
- Ganesha charges forward, hooking an enemy with his goad, holding them in place and damaging (75/120/160/200/240 +45% of your Magical Power) the enemy before knocking them up. While dashing, Ganesha passes through player-made deployables. Cost: 70/75/80/85/90. Cooldown: 15s.
- Ultimate – Dharmic Pillars
- Ganesha summons the Four Great Pillars of Righteousness to imprison his enemies. Between each pair of pillars a magical field is created, and enemies who pass through the field take (95/135/175/215/255 +40% of your Magical Power) damage, are slowed, and have their protections reduced for 3s. Cost: 80/90/100/110/120. Cooldown: 75s.
- Slow: 20/25/30/35/40%.
- Slow Duration: 3s.
- Protection Reduction: 15/25/35/45/55
For those who want a closer look at Ganesha can do so by viewing the announcement trailer above.
Aside from Ganesha being added to the game, the Summer Split officially starts and that also means a new season ticket will be made available for 400 gems which will instantly net you the following for buying the bundle:
2017 Summer Split Pass Bundle
- Vampiric Scylla
- Right to Vote on Season Games
- Bonus Quests for FP
- Double FP for Matches
- 15 Team FP Boosters (2x of total received)
- 15 Team Worshiper Boosters (2x of total received)
Additionally, here’s what the Summer Split has to offer in terms of rewards:
Season Tickets Rewards
- Season Ticket Jump Stamp – New Feature!
- Sol Announcer Pack
- 2017 Season Ticket Music Theme
- Roman Recall Skin
- Mercury Modern Messenger
Of course it wouldn’t be a Smite patch without new skins being introduced to the game. Which the latest patch includes an Assassin Creed inspired skin for Ullr and more. Check them out below:
The Pillar Of Success patch is set to go live this upcoming Tuesday on the PC, with both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms getting their hands on the patch at a later date.