As part of BioWare’s weekly Anthem livestream, the studio talked a fair bit about what’s to come to the sci-fi loot shooter. BioWare revealed that an Anthem upcoming patch is set for next week, and it’ll bring 13 text pages of notes!
Thanks to Reddit user jwp12, we have a quick summary of what to expect in the next Anthem patch! Note that this isn’t everything, but just what was discussed during the livestream.
- Elysian caches are available at the end of Strongholds when the boss has been killed
- They can contain vanity items and crafting embers
- You get a key for the cache by completing a select daily challenge
- Everyone in the squad receives the rewards, so if all 4 players have keys, you will get 4 rewards
- The number of keys is listed in Fort Tarsis next to how much coin you have
- There is now no loading screen to get into the Forge
- It can be accessed anywhere from Fort Tarsis
- All equipped components are now listed under the weapons and gear
- These improvements are an incremental step to Forge improvements
- A stat screen is still being investigated. No news to share yet.
- Stronghold bosses still guarantee one Masterwork on GM difficulty, but now the remaining loot can be rolled for Masterworks/Legendaries
- Strongholds and freeplay chests will see improved drop rates for rarer gear
- Legendary missions will be added to the game. These are more difficult, replayable critical path missions.
- There will be 6 missions on release, with one playable each day.
- There will be an apex creature at the end of each mission – these can be either an Ursix, Titan, Luminary or Fury
- You do not need to start conversations with NPCs to initiate these missions – they will always be on the map
FOV sliders have been added to the PC version of the game. The options include:
- Ground FOV
- Zoomed FOV
- Pilot FOV
- Flight FOV
- Swim FOV
Miscellaneous changes, improvements and fixes
- NVIDIA DLSS support has been added. SLI support is still being looked into.
- There is the usual performance optimisations included. This is described as being an ongoing project that is never finished.
- Salvaging in the vault should be near instant now.
- Lots of fog walls have been removed, especially in Strongholds.
- More improvements have been made to bugged quickplay missions. If a missions has surpassed a 15 minute timer, you can no longer be matchmade into it.
- You can also no longer be matchmade into a Stronghold after two minutes have elapsed (quickplay is not included in this).
- The bug where you respawn timer would reset if your revive was cancelled has been fixed.
- The bug where you could no longer interact with the environment or revive teammates has been fixed.
- Javelin thrusters have been improved by 20% across the board. Overheat time has similarly been reduced by 20%.
- You know hold the melee button to melee with Interceptor, instead of repeatedly mashing it. This change has not been made for the ultimate ability, however.
- More universal components have been added. One example is Acid Slugs, which improves Shotgun damage and applies the acid effect if 7 pellets hit the enemy.
- There have been various fixes and buffs to Masterwork components.
- The inconsistent armour bug should have been addressed, but please feed back if you are still experiencing issues.
- The bug where Strongholds/missions/contracts go missing from your map has been fixed.
- Masterwork ember drop rates have been increased.
- Improvements have been made to address the “Pilot data error” issue.
- Consumables can now be sorted by name/rarity.
- When diving into deep water, the transition is now smoother.
Still being looked into/investigated
- Javelins receiving Legenday/Masterwork components that fit in the wrong Javelin
- Power scaling issues
- New enemies and new story additions
- Better in-game communication systems
- A stats screen
- Achievements not popping
- Support gear Masterworks
- SLI support
- Increased inventory space
Don’t forget to read up on BioWare’s message to Anthem fans, and what they have planned soon.
More Anthem Reading:
- Anthem Power Scaling Broken Down Using Math Proves Loot Doesn’t Matter, BioWare Says It’ll Be Fixed in Next Patch
- Anthem Legendary Item Drops Behind Force Field and Can’t Be Picked Up, BioWare Apologizes for Issue
- Anthem Player Posts Long Message Asking BioWare “What’s Going On” With Anthem, BioWare Replies