Treyarch has just rolled out a new Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 update today, and it’s a server-side hotfix that resolves a few key issues in multiplayer, and other modes, and the introduction of the free trial for Blackout!
Check out the complete update notes below (via Treyarch):
The following updates are live today on PS4, Xbox One, and PC:
- Blackout Free Trial
- Play Blackout for free through 10AM PT Jan. 24 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Free Trial players earn Echelon progression and unlock Tiers and loot through the Black Market, with no limit on playtime or player progression.
- Download and install the Blackout Free Trial from the store on PS4/Xbox One, and from Battle.net on PC.
- Fixed crashes that could occur in certain cases when joining a lobby and during infiltration at the start of a match.
- Resolved an issue with the Gunship camera resetting when switching ammo types.
- Black Market
- Fixed a UI error tied to purchasing items in Blackjack’s Shop.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a Zero player hacked Torque’s Barricade.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using Prophet’s Tempest.
- Resolved an issue where a red triangle would appear on the Armory button after leaving a CWL Custom Game.
- “Clear all New item markers” button now clears “New” notifications in Personalization menu. (Live on PS4 and Xbox One; incoming on PC.)
The following updates are live first on PS4:
- Limited-Time Mode
- Down But Not Out
- Playlist now live in Blackout on PS4 through Jan. 30.
- Fallen teammates redeploy with each new Collapse as long as one player in the squad is still alive.
- Players redeploy with a pistol, limited ammo, and 5x First Aid bandages.
- Players can no longer redeploy once the final Collapse begins.
- Collapses occur more frequently than in standard Blackout game modes.
- Play in squads up to 4 players with a maximum total of 100 players per match.
- Resolved an issue with players not being able to purchase wall-buys in certain situations.
- Resolved an issue where the player would not have their Mule Kick weapon returned to them after round 14, if Mule Kick was acquired via the Perk Up elixir.
- Updated the weapon descriptions in the rules for three rounds.
- Replaced a thumbnail in local play to properly display “Unsinkable” for the new Gauntlet.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players were downed during Gauntlets.
In addition to the details listed under “PS4 and Xbox One” across all three modes in our 1.11 patch notes, the following PC-specific updates are included in today’s PC 1.11 update:
- Added a new Gameplay option to allow using “Repair Armor” as a toggle instead of a hold.
- Added Gamepad option that allows tweaking Reload behavior in Blackout.
- Resolved an issue where the weapon slot could change between Primary and Secondary when picking up attachments.
- Improved prompt visibility on Zero’s Ice Pick.
- Resolved an issue where the player could not use “Change Class” shortcuts while the Change Class panel was opened.
- Added “Change Class” keybind shortcuts for slots 7 to 12.
- Added “Steady Aim (Toggle)” keybind.
- “Center View” keybind will no longer instantly snap the camera to center position.
- Resolved an issue where the player could not swim up with the “Jump Button Also Mantles” option set to “Off”.
The following updates are now live on consoles as of 11AM PT Jan. 17, coming soon to PC:
- Resolved an issue in the looting interface with Stash items being reordered when the player looted items from a Stash.
- Resolved an issue with hit detection on ARAV passengers hanging out of the window.
- Game Modes
- Resolved an issue that resulted in items being purchased multiple times automatically.
- Tac-Deploy now properly expires after intended duration in the field.
- Replaced missing voiceover lines for Zero.
- Tactical Mask
- Using an EMP Disruptor on an enemy with Tactical Mask equipped will now display the Tactical Mask icon on-screen.
- Tactical Mask
- Blood of the Dead
- Closed an exploit where the player could use the Ragnarok DG-5 to reach an exploitable area on the Docks Bridge.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a player disconnected before a Wonder Weapon charged shot was cleared.
In other Black Ops 4 news, Activision is now selling a standard reticle over on the Black Market for $1, which you might find a bit underwhelming.