The first Call of Duty Mobile beta tests have finally begun! However, Activision has another surprise for people who have registered for the beta. The first details about the Call of Duty Mobile Battle Royale mode have been shared to the public. The details include a very extensive overview, so let’s talk about it.
The Call of Duty Mobile Battle Royale mode is actually custom-built for mobile games. Those familiar with Black Ops 4’s Blackout mode might actually feel at home with this new Battle Royale mode. However, the Call of duty Mobile Battle Royale mode is actually going to have its own features that make it stand out from BO4’s mode.
Up to 100 players will be scattered in a large map in the Call of Duty Mobile Battle Royale mode. There are also single, two-person, and four-person playlists for players who want to play with their friends. Additionally, players can actually select between six initial classes with their own abilities and skills.
The six classes offer multiple functionalities and abilities of their own. Each of these classes come as follows:
- Defender: With the ability to place a deformable Transform Shield, this class also is Reinforced, raising resistance to all damage except bullets.
- Mechanic: Able to call an EMP Drone to create electro-magnetic interference on hostile forces, this class also features the Engineer ability, granting augmented sight to vehicles, hostile traps, and other equipment.
- Scout: Utilizing the Sensor Dart that can view hostile positions in the immediate area of the radar map, this class also benefits from the Tracker ability; allowing you to see fresh footprints of hostiles.
- Clown: A master of distraction and friend of the undead, this class has a Toy Bomb to detonate, summoning zombies that only attack hostiles near to them; due in part to the Clown having the Anti-Zombie ability, which reduces the zombies’ aggression distance.
- Medic: This class can place a Medical Station that continuously heals the Medic and associated allies in the immediate vicinity. In addition, the Master Healer ability allows a Medic to heal more quickly, and reduces the time it takes to revive teammates.
- Ninja: Lastly, this clandestine class has a Grapple Gun that fires a hook, allowing you to propel yourself up and onto target buildings or across the landscape at speed. Movement is quiet too, due to this class having the Dead Silence ability.
Of course, another highlight of Call of Duty Mobile Battle Royale is the sprawling maps that have multiple set pieces. There are multiple locations across the map that include set pieces from popular COD maps such as Countdown, Crash, Nuketown, Standoff, Seaside, and Killhouse, among other maps from the COD series.
Of course, the Call of Duty Battle Royale mode isn’t everything that is available in the app. There are so many other features and modes that players can get to experience. However, it definitely seems like Call of Duty mobile will try to push the boundaries of mobile gaming itself.