Bungie has announced that the Destiny 2 next update is releasing next week. and will include a number for fixes regarding game performance as Bungie has detailed in their latest blog post.
Over on Bungie.net, the dev team has outlined some of their bigger improvements that are set to come with Destiny 2 update 2.7.1 sometimes next week (most likely Tuesday/Wednesday.) Note these aren’t all the fixes coming in the update, just big ones around performance improvements.
- Improved some performance issues in the Chamber of Suffering encounter.
- Fixed an issue where players could die when transitioning from the Necropolis encounter to the Tunnels of Despair.
- Improved a performance issue that could occur when chunks of land return, or are removed during the Sanctified Mind encounter.
- Improved performance when receiving certain investment-related messages. This could be reward acquisition, placing tributes, or interacting with Obelisks.
- The largest impact will be in the Tower, but this should help everywhere.
- Players who load into Crucible matches faster than their peers will no longer be put in black screen. Rather, they will remain in spaceflight until all players have loaded into the match, as before.
These aren’t the only fixes, however, as Bungie has also confirmed that they are in the process of testing out fixes that’ll improve frame-rate in several areas of Destiny 2. They didn’t specify when these frame-rate fixes would hit other than Bungie hoping to get them out by the start of next season.
- UI stuttering and framerate drops when loading or applying mods
- Framerate issues in Gambit and Gambit Prime
- Framerate issues during the Sanctified Mind encounter of the Garden of Salvation Raid
- Framerate issues in the Pit of Heresy Dungeon, specifically in tunnel encounters
- General improvements to performance on PC when a lot of debris is on the ground
We will have the full patch notes posted once they are released next week.
Catch-up on other Destiny 2 News
More Destiny 2 Reading: