While Bungie usually rolls out a server-side update (no download required) for Destiny 2 hotfixes, that’s not the case now. Bungie has deployed Destiny 2 update 1.42, and it’s an actual patch. Called the Destiny 2 hotfix 18.104.22.168, it’s an actual download. Check out the full Destiny 2 update 1.42 patch notes below.
Destiny 2 update 1.42 patch notes (Hotfix 22.214.171.124):
- Fixed an issue where certain characters in player names and clan fields could cause Squirrel and Weasel errors
- Clan names should no longer be truncated
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare hunts Time Trial Master triumph would not progress correctly
- Fixed an issue where Nightfall: The Ordeal would not drop a powerful reward for players who had already completed the Vanguard Strikes Challenge
- Fixed an issue that provoked the temporary deactivation of rally banners and the “Tire Game” in the Sanctuary vendor space on the Moon
- Fixed an issue where the Servitor spawning in the Gofannon forge could crash the game
- Fixed an issue where running the game as an admin could create a “steam_appid.txt” file that would cause a
- Tuned matchmaking in patrol destinations to increase player population
Make sure to keep an eye out for the Destiny 2 Weekly Reset that should be live in the game now as well. If you spot any changes that aren’t listed, let us know down in the comments.