With Halloween right around the corner, a lot of games are capitalizing on the scares and frights with their own Halloween content/DLC. Today, Tripwire Interactive has announced that Killing Floor 2 will be one of those games supporting the holiday.
Titled the Killing Floor 2: Halloween Horrors Content Pack, the free update should be out on PC and PS4 as you read this. It will come to the Xbox One as a free download on October 24. The DLC will come with new weapons, a rband-new map, a returning enemy and boss.
Here’s the full content of the Killing Floor 2 Halloween 2017 content update:
- New Map – Nightmare lives up to its name, dropping players into random rooms representing a variety of nightmares and phobias and tasking players to holdout against waves of Zeds.
- New Weapons – Medics get up close and very personal with the Hemogoblin, which drills into Zeds, draining their blood leaving emaciated corpses in their wake. Demolitionists receive their own high-tech in the Seeker Six, a rocket launcher that brings the ability to lock on to enemies and fire up to six rockets simultaneously.
- New Enemies – King Fleshpound and the Quarter Pounds cannot be contained and have broken out of the Poundemonium weekly game mode! Both enemies have been rebalanced for their introduction into survival game mode and will appear in normal play.
- New Limited Time Items – Earn Halloween Treat Tickets by playing the game, or purchasing Premium tickets through the store, and exchange them in-game for themed cosmetic items.
- New Daily Missions and Dosh Vault System – Players will receive a random set of missions each day that can be completed to earn Vault Dosh. While it won’t be usable to purchase items during matches, players will receive free Vault Crates containing cosmetic items at various milestones as their Vault Dosh accumulates.
- New Crates – New Emote, Weapon Skin, and Cosmetic crates have been added to the drop pool.
- Bug Fixes and Balance Tweaks – Check out the full patch notes in the Tripwire Official KILLING FLOOR 2 Forums for a look at the hard work the team continues to pour into the game.
To mark this occasion, the game is now 50 percent off on Steam until October 31, so get it while you can. It seems there will be holiday promotions for the PS4 and Xbox One, though they’re not live yet.