Those who have adopted next generation consoles and want to play some Rainbow Six are in for some exciting news, as Ubisoft has announced the Rainbow Six Siege PS5 and Xbox Series X|S release date for December ! — yes, next week!
Check out the next-gen reveal trailer below.
For those who’ve been waiting to play Rainbow Six Siege in their new systems, the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of the game will allow players to enjoy gameplay and battles in 4K and up to 120 fps, depending on the mode chosen whether it be performance or resolution. Additionally, players can upgrade to these versions at no extra cost, and their respective progression data will be carried over.
Here’s the specs on the release from the official press release:
Players on next-gen consoles will be able to experience Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege with the highest graphical enhancements the game has yet to offer. These enhancements will offer multiple options for prioritizing either performance or resolution, granted players are equipped with a compatible device:
- 4K resolution (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
- 120 fps (PlayStation®5, Xbox Series X)
- DualSense™ wireless controller capabilities for even deeper immersion (PlayStation®5)
- Activities support for the most popular playlists so players can dive into the game faster (PlayStation®5)
The following features are also being implemented for an enhanced next-gen experience on all platforms:
- Better accessibility (readability options, text to speech and speech to text)
- Quick start (optimized login flow, streamlined intro sequence)
- Ubisoft Connect overlay
This next generation of hardware provides the latest tech and features available, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege will keep improving to leverage all the new opportunities afforded by these new platforms.
Be sure to check out our other features and past updates on Rainbow Six Siege here.
The PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of Rainbow Six Siege will be available starting on December 1.