Just a week ago, we reported that Rockstar Games was releasing a Red Dead Redemption 2 (RDR2) patch before the year was out for the Moonshiners: A New Frontier Pursuit content for Red Dead Online. Well, that day is today. RDR2 update 1.15 is live! Clocking in at 7GB on PS4,
RDR2 update 1.15 patch notes and new content:
Update: PS4 players should have also gotten Photo Mode and more (per Rockstar’s press release):
In addition to Photo Mode, Red Dead Redemption on PS4 will also get:
- Story Mode Bounty Hunter Missions: track down wanted criminals Herman Zizendorf, Camille de Millemont and Bart Cavanaugh
- Story Mode Gang Hideouts: Take on the deadly Del Lobos gang at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly
- Story Mode Treasure Maps: Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail
- “To The Ends of The Earth” Story Mode Mission
- Weapons Added to Story Mode: M1899 Pistol, Evans Repeater, High Roller Revolver and LeMat Revolver
- Horses Added to Story Mode: Warped Brindle Arabian, Few Spot Appaloosa, Perlino Andalusian and Red Chestnut Arabian
- Hidden Trinkets Added to Story Mode: Hawk Talon, Cat Eye, Shark Tooth, Turtle Shell and Crow Beak
(Xbox One owners can exepct this to drop on January 21, along with the Red Dead Online early access content mentioned in this post).
- Team up with an infamous distiller to start your own Moonshining business and run it out of the new Shack property.
- Moonshining takes your Trader skills to the next level and gives you your first business established outside of camp. Not only will you need to source ingredients and produce the goods, savvy Moonshiners will learn the demands of the market and time their shipments to align with the tastes of buyers. With that in mind, Moonshining requires you to have cut your teeth as a Trader, having attained either at least Rank 5 or completed one Trader Sell Mission. Once that’s been achieved, Cripps will get you connected with Maggie Fike at Emerald Ranch, an old hand in the bootlegging business that will help you get your fledging operation rolling.
- To run a proper shine trade – not some backwoods Lemoyne Raiders operation – you’ll need a property. Throw in with Maggie to purchase one of five Moonshining Shacks from which you’ll conduct your business. Once you’ve sourced your cook and equipment, Maggie will maintain the homestead’s front upstairs while the art of distillation takes place downstairs. The basement has room for optional expansions including a Bar, space for a band and a dancefloor, with additional upgrades for your moonshining equipment.
- Your mercantile journey will also offer a new series of Story Missions to take on solo or with your Posse, as Maggie Fike helps you build your business and gets a little revenge of her own along the way. Each mission earns you benefits to propel your business forward, as you eliminate rivals, learn new recipes and establish a steady clientele. Expand your burgeoning enterprise by developing different blends and distributing across the five states. You can also serve patrons directly while entertaining friends by expanding with your very own bar.
- Like all Specialist Roles, the Moonshiner features its own unique progression path that unlocks bespoke apparel and accessories, equipment upgrades to improve the business, new weapons like the Flammable Moonshine Jug, and a unique ornamental design for the Sawed-Off Shotgun, new Horse Breeds and more.
Outlaw Pass 2
- – 40 Gold Bars
- – An assortment of special Offers and Rewards
- – Role XP boost during the Club Membership period
- – Horse Masks
- – New Gun Wraps
- – A trusty Camp Dog and other accessories for your Camp
- – Plus much more.
Additional new features included in RDR2 update 1.15:
- New clothing options Bandoliers and Corsets (more items due to arrive in the coming weeks)
- Navy Revolver new sidearm
- The ability to quick-swap weapons in the heat of battle – simply assign a “Quick Select” firearm within the Weapon Wheel, then tap L1/LB/Tab during gameplay to quickly switch between this and your currently-equipped weapon (you can still holster your weapon with a double tap of L1/LB/Tab or by selecting Unarmed in the Weapon Wheel)
- Ability Card rebalancing on certain cards, and limits on Tonic use to ensure a level playing field for all players
- Accessibility improvements for fishing, allowing players to reel in a catch by holding a button rather than circling the analogue stick
- Increased stability for Horses, making your steed slightly less likely to fall down after a collision and quicker to get back up after a fall or revival
- Ability to spawn directly at your Camp and made improvements to help mitigate the issue players have been experiencing with setting up their camps
Once the full patch notes that include gameplay changes have been released later today by Rockstar, we’ll updat the post.