It’s Tuesday, and that means Rockstar Games has rolled out the Red Dead Online weekly update October 20 activities and discounts refresh! Same as before, check out the highlights and summary below.
As one might expect, with Halloween right around the corner, there’s a new zombies mode, the Halloween Pass and more!
Red Dead Online Weekly Update October 20. 2020:
NEW DEAD OF NIGHT MODE
Brand new mode Dead of Night pits four teams in a gruesome fight for survival – against each other and The Dead. Points are scored for taking out The Dead, with higher point tally for causing the demise of your rival players.
Find and steal a Night Stalker mask to take on supernatural abilities and the competitive edge. Complete a Round of Dead of Night anytime over the next seven days to earn triple the usual payout and a care package consisting of 3 Tomahawks, 10 Volatile Fire bottles and 25 Incendiary Buckshot Slugs.
Here’s this week’s summary of activities:
- New Dead of Night Mode: Four teams compete to score the most points by taking out The Dead, with higher point tallies causing the demise of other players, plus those who play within the next seven days will get triple payouts and a care package containing 3 Tomahawks, 10 Volatile Fire bottles and 25 Incendiary Buckshot Slugs
- New Legendary Panthers sighted in local swamps: The Legendary Nightwalker Panther has been spotted at dusk south of Bolger Glade, while the albino Ghost Panther has been seen hunting deer around the Bluewater Marsh area
- New Halloween Pass: A purchasable limited time upgrade featuring 20 ranks of Rewards that include a Gothic Décor theme for a player’s Moonshine Bar, Filters for the Advanced Camera, themed clothing for players and horses, Emotes, weapon variations, camp flags, and Photo Studio backgrounds
- All Fast Travel is free this week
- New unlockable Garment Sets: Bringing the pelts of the Legendary Nightwalker Panther and Legendary albino Ghost Panther to Gus’ Store will unlock their corresponding Garment Sets for purchase
- New Vitalism Studies: Naturalists can now purchase the Opossum Vitalism Studies Pamphlet at Harriet’s Shop, which, along with harvested Harrietum Officinalis, they can use to transform into an opossum
- Additional Rewards: Players that purchase the Halloween Pass will receive a Reward for a free weapon component, while purchasing a returning Halloween Mask will net them 10 Poison Throwing Knives and a Reward for a free Ability Card, plus all players who have undertaken a Role will get a Reward for 2,000 Club XP and an offer for 50% off a weapon from the Fence
- Discounts: 5 Gold Bars off the Bounty Hunter, Trader, Collector and Naturalist Roles, 10 Gold Bars off the Moonshiner Role, free Moonshine Shack relocation, 40% off all Role Items and all Wilderness Outfitters content, and 30% off all Melee Weapons
- New Prime Gaming Benefits: Players that connect to Prime Gaming will get a free Single Bandolier, plus Offers for 50% off a Double Bandolier, 50% off the Deluxe Campfire, and 30% off the Improved Bow
- Prime Gaming Benefits: A free Katata Coat, 6,000 Naturalist XP, a free Wilderness Camp, and 5 free Legendary Animal Pheromones for players that connect their Social Club account with Prime Gaming
Feel the seasonal chill and hear the unsettling howls heard across the plains? Grim tidings are making their way to Red Dead Online with the very first Halloween Pass. Meanwhile, Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club membership returns to reward all players with free seasonal gifts.
The Halloween Pass is a purchasable, limited-time upgrade stacked with macabre rewards across 20 ranks, available today running through November 16. The Halloween Pass includes:
- The skeletal Zavala Machete
- The petrifying Flayed Bison and colorful Painted Ram Horse Masks
- Three Halloween-themed emotes: Frighten, Scared and The Ripper
- Spooky Photo Studio Backgrounds like the Cemetery and Abandoned Mansion Backgrounds
- Post-Apocalyptic and Predator filters for the Advanced Camera
- A Gothic Décor Theme for your Moonshine Bar
- The Gallows Blindfold
- New Camp flags and more
Finally, we have the Halloween discounts listed below too.
There’s also a range of discounts on offer in the stores and shops across the territories, including:
- 5 Gold Bars off the Bounty Hunter, Trader, Collector and Naturalist Roles
- 10 Gold Bars off the Moonshiner Role
- Free relocation of your Moonshine Shack
- 40% off all Role Items
- 40% off all Wilderness Outfitters content
- 30% off all Melee Weapons
For more details on today’s activites and whatnot, head on over here.