Those playing Hopoo Games’ excellent roguelike game Risk of Rain 2 on consoles, you’re getting something big today! The Risk of Rain 2 update 1.03 is now out, and it brings the big Skills 2.0 update to consoles! It’s at 1.2 GB on PS4, the patch is available on Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch as well. Check out the full Risk of Rain 2 update 1.03 patch notes below.
Risk of Rain 2 update 1.03 patch notes:
Skills 2.0 introduces a new way to play your favorite survivor! Our new “Loadout” system allows for swappable skills and skins at the beginning of each run. Each survivor will maintain their unique identity, but have some options to tinker with before jumping into a run. While some skill variants play off existing skills, some variants are entirely unique abilities available to a survivor. Each new skill and skin in your Loadout will be unlocked only with survivor-specific challenges – good luck! More skills and skins are planned to be added in future updates.
=== New Console Specific Features ===
- Added voice chat support – PlayStation 4
- Local ad-hoc wireless multiplayer support – Nintendo Switch
==== Major Content and Changes ====
- Added new Survivor: Loader
- Added new Stage: Siren’s Call
- Added new System: Loadouts
- Added new System: Alternate Skins
- Added 15 new skill variants
- Added 7 new skins
- Added new Elite: Celestine
- Added 2 new bosses to the game
- Added 2 new monsters to the game
- Added 6 new Items and Equipment to the game
- Added new Interactable: Lunar Seer
- Added 3 new challenges to the game
- Added 22 new unique class challenges to the game
- Added Environment Log: Siren’s Call
- Added 7 new Lore Entries to the game
- Various performance & stability improvements
- Various Bug Fixes
Additionally, Hopoo’s console roadmap for Risk of Rain 2 is now 2/5 in terms of targets met.
Once we know more details regarding the Winter update, we’ll let our readers know.
Source: Gearbox forums