Those wondering when you can initiate the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare preload, the answer is, it depends which platform you’re on, and where you are in the world. Today, Activision revealed the Modern Warfare preload info for all three platforms, as well as a new PC trailer.
Modern Warfare PS4 Preload:
Preloading is now available in America and Europe.
In Japan and Asia, preloading becomes available on Saturday, October 19 at 8AM PDT (12AM local time on Sunday, October 20).
Modern Warfare Xbox One Preload:
Preloading is now available in all regions.
For those who digitally pre-ordered Modern Warfare on console, you can opt to preload the game prior to its official release so you can jump right in on October 25th when Modern Warfare goes live.
If you have automatic downloads enabled and the game pre-ordered, then it’s very likely the preloading process will automatically complete on your console. Otherwise, head to your in-game store, search for Modern Warfare, and follow the prompts to get started on preloading.
Modern Warfare PC Preload:
The pre-load of Modern Warfare on PC begins on Battle.net this Tuesday, October 22 at 10 PDT for anyone who has pre-purchased.
The official, global PC launch time for Modern Warfare is 6PM PDT on Thursday, October 24. Be sure to check the map (above) to see what time that is in your region: This is the time the PC version of the game becomes accessible to play.
There’s also a new trailer captured entirely on PC!
Lastly, a few PC features has been listed as well, which you can read about below.
- 4K and Uncapped Frame Rate: You’re able watch and play at 4K resolution, without a frame-rate capping, allowing you flexibility when adjusting your settings.
- Expansive Customization Options for PC: Developer Beenox has been working closely in conjunction with Infinity Ward to ensure the PC version of Modern Warfare sets a new high water-mark for customization, featuring more customization options than we’ve ever had in a Call of Duty® game.
- 64-Player Ground War Matches: Modern Warfare features a variety of gameplay modes, from close-quarter 2v2 Gunfight matches to large-scale 32v32 Ground War battles, as well as fan-favorite 6v6 and 10v10 modes of play. These are available on all platforms.
- Squad up with Crossplay: Crossplay (the ability to fight with or against players on console and PC) is available at launch.
- Ultrawide and Multi-Monitor Support: How wide do you want your aspect ratio to be? How many monitors do you want to play Modern Warfare on? It’s up to you!
In other Modern Warfare news, Infinity Ward confirmed yesterday that the game will feature a Battle Pass, but not loot boxes. For those planning on buying the game on multiple platforms, your pre-order bonuses will carryover according to Activision.