After last night’s maintenance, DICE’s Battlelog is back up and running with some shiny new improvements.
Battlelog Update #5
DICE Community Manager, Daniel Matros, listed the changes made in the Battlelog Update #5:
- The News section is now available without logging in.
- Changed browser detection to be less invasive (the yellow bar is no more). Instead, an inline popup will be displayed when trying to launch the game from unsupported software of devices, detailing what is wrong.
- Anyone who has played BF3 can now log in to Battlelog. Previously an Online Pass was required.
- When getting disconnected from the game, the Game Manager will display a “Reconnect” button.
- The game server detail page will now display the server description and server message, if available.
- Lots of bug fixes.
On January 25th, Add-on Developer, Roland “DJ Brainnrg” Eigelsreiter released the “biggest” version of Better Battlelog (or BBLOG), a browser add-on for DICE’s original social network/stat-tracking service, the Battlelog.
BBLOG, approved by DICE officials, was developed to help bring the original Battlelog to a whole new level of detail in terms of stat tracking and functionality. Currently, it is a simple download available as an extension for the Chrome and Firefox internet browsers. Some of its most striking features are the extremely detailed weapon stats, produced in conjunction with Symthic.com, as well as it’s inline YouTube support (videos can now be embedded into wall posts) and forum functionality, on top of other details that should make all Battlefield 3 player’s experience much smoother. Also of note is that this add-on actually fixes some minor bugs currently present in the original Battlelog.
Check out this full list of features:
- High Detailed and “Secret” Weapon Information
- Inline Youtube Videos
- User Radar
- Server Radar
- Known Bugs, minor ImprovementsServer Radar
- Contextmenu (Right-Click)
- BBCode Support
- Favorite Threads
What JBRipley from DICE had to say about the BBLOG browser add-on: ”Great work on your extension, it’s really interesting for us at DICE to see what people add by themselves.”
For a detailed explanation of all its features and to download this highly recommended Battlelog browser add-on, visit the official website here.