Update #3: Added more PS3 specific patch notes.
Update #2: Robert Bowling explained, “if you’re on PS3 and noticing low or no voice chat audio, check the in-game and XMB voice volume slider. Patch may have set low or to zero.”
Update #1: Robert Bowling reassured that the team behind Modern Warfare 3 is “aware of some party chat / voice issues since update. Currently looking into it and will address anything found ASAP.”
Along with the first two Elite map drops, Piazza and Liberation, PS3 users received patch 1.10 for Modern Warfare 3.
The new maps can be downloaded via the PlayStation Store for paid Elite members. Also, a new patch was released for the PS3. The patch, which should have been 1.09, is now called patch 1.10. It’s a mandatory patch for all users, not just paid Elite users. The update will set you back 22MB in memory. The new patch adds five new prestige levels, and optimizes Elite for the platform.
- 400 new ranks included in 5 new prestige levels.
- Also adds the ability to view Clan Rank on player card in-game when enlisted in a clan on Call of Duty: Elite.
- Fix for trophy system glitch.
- Ability to select country flags as clan titles.
- Additional network optimizations.
- Additional ELITE push to game CaC validation.
- Support for ELITE Clan Operations end future features.
- Fixed PM issue where failed invites were preventing large parties from congregating.
- Repair of writing of the games played field of the player stats so the team behind MW3 can sweep LBs and correct averages on the backend. This process will commence shortly.
Update #3: In addition to the patch notes listed above, title update #10 brought the following fixes specially to MW3 on PS3.
- Voice volume slider fix.
- HD rendering for PS3 theater.
- Host migration update.
- Anti lag balance adjustment for 1/2 bar connections vs. 3/4 bar connections
Thanks James and Gav for all the help.