Updates to Battlefield 3 servers on both consoles and PC are on their way.
Tomorrow, April 19th, starting at 10:00am UTC, Battlefield 3′s game servers will be updated one by one throughout the span of a couple of hours. Anyone on a server during a restart will be kicked but the online multiplayer will still be available despite a few hiccups. This updated will address a number of gameplay bugs introduced in the latest title update.
Change list according to the Battlelog forums:
- Fixed AA missiles not doing damage to vehicles moving at very high speeds
- Fixed TV Missile doing much more damage than it should (it is no longer a 1-hit kill)
- Tweaked tank armor strength
- MAV elevatoring fix, round 2; proning on the MAV will now disable it
Game server stability fixes: (Updated as per Daniel Matros’ post on the Battlelog)
- A few invalid map+gamemode combinations in maplist.txt could crash the server on startup; these combinations are now rejected instead
- RCON vars.serverDescription was not returning anything in R20 if the string was not set; this has been changed to return “” instead
- RCON player.onChat now reports the target player subset
If we read this correctly, is DICE “trolling” anyone attempting to MAV ride by disabling it upon laying prone on top? If so, awesome!
Make sure to read up on some other Battlefield 3 fixes in the works!
Thanks, Mark-Gee79 for the tip!