Details of a Prestige and Hardened Edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 have begun surfacing out of this year’s GameStop Expo in San Antonio, Texas.
A recent GameStop press release detailing the third wave of pre-order bonuses for Black Ops 2 reads, clearly mentioning a Black Ops 2 Prestige Edition:
- The Quadrotor XBOX Live Avatar Prop or the PS3 Dynamic Theme. Choose either of these exclusive digital items based on console preference and guarantee your download by picking up your game when it launches.
- Treyarch VIP Experience Sweepstakes. Enter for your chance to win a tour of Treyarch Studios, a multiplayer session with developers, a swag bag with a signed Prestige Edition of Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, and more.
- Entry into Turtle Beach Prize Pack Sweepstakes. Enter for your chance to win one of a 100Call of Duty®: Black Ops II Turtle Beach Ear Force X-Ray Gaming headsets.
Additionally, an announcement of a Hardened Edition and details of the Prestige Edition have begun surfacing out of the currently on-going expo. According to FPS General, the Prestige Edition will include:
- Remote-controled UAV Flyer (presumably modeled after the Quadrotor Drone).
- Exclusive in-game upgrades.
- Exclusive Zombie Maps.
- Nuketown 2025.
It is also mentioned that this edition in particular will present itself as a replica Care Package, though probably not as big as the in-game counterpart.
No word on whether an ELITE subscription would be included in the Hardened or Prestige Edition. However, more details are to come…
Thanks, Charlie Intel and John Caroll for the tip.
Activision recently posted this image of what could be the “care package” Prestige Edition of Black Ops 2.
Along with the image, they mentioned, “Dan Bunting, David Vonderhaar, and the rest of the Treyarch team have been working on something special. Look what’s dropping tomorrow.”
We’ll most likely hear an official announcement and learn more about the Hardened and Prestige edition of Black Ops 2 tomorrow, so make sure to stay tuned to MP1st!