Thanks to a tip from reddit member ‘MikeTheInfidel,’ we’ve been able to learn the following:
SPOILERS: This article contains spoilers about Borderlands 2′ third DLC, titled Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt. You may want to turn away if you wish to avoid such spoilers.
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt Information:
- Is set to take place on a swamp/jungle continent called “Aegrus”
- A new vehicle will be added to the game which has been named the ‘fan-boat’ which will be summoned from a Catch-A-Boat, is set to have 68 customized skins. As well as being to able to have either a corrosive, incendiary or shock weapon mod on it.
- One new head and character skin for each character class.
- It will feature about 5 main quest missions and 12 side-missions.
- A stalker raid boss that’s the size of a small building.
- More Seraph gear.
- New enemies such as the borok and scaylion
- Monster tracking missions that have been assigned by Sir Hammerlock himself
- A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work. Possibly being Captain Scarlett from the first DLC.
- A new treasure room that houses numerous goodies, but has a timer on it
- More Claptrap
In addition to Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt information being discovered, there’s also stirrings about a future update which has been given the code name of ‘Gardenia.’ It is set to include the following:
- Each of the five current classes will have three customization packs containing a new head and a new skin, for a total of 30 new customization items.
- The three packs are the ‘Domination Pack’, ‘Supremacy Pack’, and ‘Madness Pack’ (internally referred to as ‘Cool’, Power’, and ‘Zany’).
As of now, there’s no word if these items will be free or will have to be purchased once they become available. If you’re wondering what weapons you can expect to find on Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt, check out our recent article that details all the new loot.
Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt has no official date of release at the moment and is expected to be included in Borderlands 2 season pass which will be on sale for Xbox 360 users on December 27th. No word yet on how much Microsoft will be slashing the price of Borderlands 2′s season pass.