Those who have been eagerly waiting on more news regarding Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack will be happy to know that this add-on for Borderlands 2 will add E-tech ‘Ancient’ Relics, according to Gearbox community manager, Chris F.
This is in addition to 11 new levels and skills points, as well as the return of the super rare yet powerful Pearlescent tier loot.
The Ultimate Vault Hunter Pack is set to be released on April 2nd for $4.99/400 Microsoft Points, or free for season pass holders. However, for those who will be skipping out on pack, Gearbox still has a surprise for you in the form of a free update.
April 2nd Update (Free)
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.
Speaking of bug fixes, a new hot fix is was recently made available for Borderlands 2 across all platforms. In order to receive it, simply be connected to the internet once you reach Borderlands 2′s title screen. To find out what exactly this hot fix addressed, simply scroll down:
March 26th 2013 Hot fix notes
- Addressed an issue that could cause sound effects to loop during the “Train to Catch” mission.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Pimon from spawning in Wildlife Exploitation Reserve if players had completed the “Swallowed Whole” side mission.
- Resolved a rare issue where players would sometimes be unable to pick up loot dropped by Terramorphous the Invincible.
- Fixed audio issues for clients using the ‘Hide of Terramorphous’ shield.
- Prevented exclamation mark from appearing above certain enemies when they are not quest givers.
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt DLC: Fixed an issue where Rakkanoth would not always spawn if players were too far away.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Handsome Jack’s name to temporarily be in another language for the final boss fight when playing with a user in a different language.
Since this is a hot fix, you must be connected to the internet as soon as you reach the title screen to receive to receive it’s, or any of the previous hot fixes’ benefits. Also, expect this and the previous hot fixes to be permanently be implemented to the game once the next proper patch arrives, which is schedule to go live on April 2nd.
According to ChrisF, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is also set to include the option to completely restart the story progress at any given time.