Upcoming Battlefield 4 patch dates are being narrowed down as we now have a solid launch time frame for both the PC and PlayStation 4 game updates due out very quickly.
According to DICE developer “Trydling“, the PC and PlayStation 4 versions of Battlefield 4 will be receiving downloadable game updates tomorrow, December 3. Their primary focus is to alleviate issues surrounding the EMP blur effect, the “one-shot kill bug”, and audio bugs prevalent on maps like Golmud Railway and Lancing Dam.
The updates will start to roll out at around 1am PST/10am UTC Dec 3, with the China Rising content for Premium members unlocking shortly after at around 2am PST/11am UTC. (Thanks, Mechcell.)
He added that the studio is “also finalizing the next game updates for X360, PS3, and Xbox One, but [they] don’t have set dates for those just yet. It is looking likely that some of those will be ready at the end of this week at the earliest.”
Here’s what we got so far:
- PC – December 3
- PlayStation 4 – December 3
- PlayStati0n 3 – “End of this week at the earliest.”
- Xbox One – “End of this week at the earliest.”
- Xbox 360 – “End of this week at the earliest.”
PC Game Update Notes
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
- Fixed the “one-hit kill bug” where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
- Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.
PlayStation 4 Game Update Notes
- Fixed the “one-hit kill” bug where bullets were sometimes applying their damage multiple times to a character. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when having a very large amounts of Friends
- Enabled audio in PS4 video captures