It’s clear that the Battlefield Hardline multiplayer beta is a tad short on weapons, as it’s only meant to provide a small taste of the full experience launching later this Fall on October 21.
But, apparently, that hasn’t stopped YouTuber Hattiwatti from digging up a few more details in the game’s files, revealing a handful of new weapons that aren’t normally accessible in the beta. You can check out what was found in the video above or refer to the list below:
- M93R – Hand Gun
- M1911 – Hand Gun
- RS357 – Magnum
- MAC-10 – Personal Defense Weapon
- M240B – Light Machine-Gun
- SR-25 ECC – Designated Marksmen Rifle
- L96A1 – Bolt-Action Rifle
- SMAW – Launcher
- M18 – Smoke Grenade
In addition, Reddit user SkacikPC was able to peek into some of the game’s audio files that have allegedly revealed a couple of new game modes, map names, and gadgets. Here are some of the findings:
- “Desert 05 – Hostage rescue (no offical map name so far) – Hostage rescue against gang running a methamphetamine lab. Full transcript available here“
- “Turf war on High Tension – most likely domination cameo as in recent interviews, Visceral employee said that as of now Conquest is not included in Hardline. Transcript of only audio file is available in above link.”
- “Hostage sound files (mainly variations of words ‘hey/over here/help me/’ with one exception of ‘Hey man cut me loose’)”
- “Molotovs/incendiary – Sound files indicate the existence of incendiary bombs, whilst ingame weapon name states Molotov. Most likely will stay as incendiary as currently it uses BF4 incendiary grenade particle effects.”
- “Map called ‘growhouse’ will have a levolution event with blowing up Van”
- “There is a singleplayer level nicknamed ‘Chop Shop’, which most likely is a warehouse raided by a player (it will end up in flames).”
- “Sound files containing impact sounds of empty .45 shell on various surfaces (nicknamed Distraction bullet). May indicate that SP has stealth mechanics.”
- “If you’re interested, here’s a small package with mentioned audio files”
SkacikPC’s Reddit post also led to another Tweet, again by Hattiwatti, who claims to know some of the map and mode names in Battlefield Hardline. Naturally, we’d take it with a grain of salt, but here’s the alleged list so far.
HIGH TENSION|BANK|BLOODOUT|DESERT 05|Hollywood Hills|GROWHOUSE EASTSIDE|Turf War|Blood Money|Hotwire|Heist|Crosshair|Rescue|Hacker
— Matti Hietanen (@Hattiwatt1) June 10, 2014
Looks like some folks just can’t wait to learn as much as possible about Visceral’s next project and as early as possible. But, hey, that’s a good thing. That means the excitement is out there.
If you can hang tight just a little while longer, you’ll be able to get a better feel for the game once the open beta launches this Fall.