PlayStation 4 users anxious to try out Turtle Rock Studios’ 4v1 shooter Evolve for the first time are out of luck as technical issues involving the console’s latest firmware update 2.00 have urged the studio to postpone the Big Alpha, originally scheduled to launch today.
“We have some unfortunate news to share with folks planning to participate in the Big Alpha test on PlayStation 4 starting today,” Turtle Rock posted in an update on Evolve’s official website. “Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4. As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution.”
For now, things are still going as planned for Xbox One and PC users, so the studio is offering any PlayStation 4 user with either console guaranteed access to the Alpha while a proper solution is worked towards.
If, you happen to have either kicking around, Turtle Rock urges you to follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.evolvegame.com/bigalpha
- Fill out the form completely including the registration code, referral code, and a valid email
- Check your email for an official invite with your product voucher code
- Redeem the product voucher code on the platform of your choice to download the game
- Registration Code: 05379-29749-32069
- Referral Code: EvolveBigAlpha4v1
More updates are definitely on the way while things get sorted out, so be sure to follow @EvolveGame on Twitter for quick updates. We’ll also provide new news as it comes in.