Update (Dec, 9th): Modern Warfare 3 Patch 1.06 Now Live on PS3 and 360
Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling has revealed what’s been fixed in Modern Warfare 3 thus far and what to expect in terms of patches and hotfixes in the near future.
Robert Bowling has posted, on the official Call of Duty forums, all the patch notes of the first five title updates. Also, he reveals what patch 1.06 (title update #6) will address. Unfortunately, there’s no ETA on when patch 1.06 will go live. However, we now know what the team behind MW3 is working on beyond the upcoming patch.
Keep in mind, patches have to go through Sony and Microsoft’s certification processes in order to be available to download on your console; meanwhile, hotfixes can be pushed at any time without the need to be downloaded.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Patches 1.01-1.05)
- Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.
- Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.
- Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.
- Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.
- Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.
Hot Fix Updates
- No Recoil glitch
- Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
- Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
- Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies
Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat Loss.
Incoming Hot Fixes
- Weapon Rebalancing (Dual FMG-9, Type-95, CM-901 Attachments)
- Hitmarker Sound on Ps3
- Reticle fix for certain weapons.
Feedback in Discussion
- Updates to the Spawn system
- Further “lag compensation” or “host advantage / disadvantage” updates plus ability for on-going hot fixes based on feedback.
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to ‘unlock all’ for competitive play in System Link only.