Grand Theft Auto Online is going to be huge. This October 1, Rockstar is going to offer Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers one of the biggest and most expansive online experiences ever in GTA’s history where you and 15 other buddies will be able to take part in all sorts of shenanigans in the fictional city of Los Santos.
As you can see from the teaser, there certainly won’t be a shortage of things to do in GTA Online. Even character creation will be going more in-depth than ever before.
IGN recently had the chance to go hands-on with GTA online and explored a few of the crazy (and not-so-crazy) things you and your crew can get up to while online. Author Ryan McCaffrey writes, “Based on what I saw, it is everything you’ve always dreamed an online GTA should be. It even has elements of persistence, though it’s definitely not an MMO.”
Here are a few of the activities you’ll be able to partake in:
- “Rob a Liquor Store Together…and Then Betray Each Other” – Players will also be able to insure their vehicles in case of theft. After all, it is Grand Theft Auto.
- “Race Your Friends…and Hope Your Other Friends Don’t Get in the Way” – Players can drop pins anywhere on the map to initiate a race with others.
- “Steal a Frickin’ Plane…and Land it Safely While Your Friends Escort You” – Placers will be able to race in the air just as they can on the ground. Of course, players will be able to tackle missions using a variety of vehicles.
- “Full Multiplayer Golf and Tennis” – GTA Online’s not-so-mini mini-games will let players relax with less stressful activities like Gold and Tennis in several of Los Santos’ Tennis courts or its 18-hole Golf course.
- “Chill Out at Your House and Spark a Bowl” – However, nothing is more relaxing than hanging out with your pals on your couch in your own apartment watching some in-game TV while getting high off virtual pot.
- “The Most Popular Missions Bubble Up” – A mission playlist will be available to players where players can vote on missions to partake in.
- “Go to the Movies” – Rockstar is keeping quiet about this feature in particular, but according to IGN, 16 of you will be able to pack a theater in GTA Online.
- “ATM…but Not the Gross Version You’d Probably Expect GTA to Make a Joke About” – Like in real life, you don’t want to keep a loaded wallet in your pocket as you walk the streets of cities like Los Santos. You’ll want to stop at the many ATMs located throughout the city to deposit some of that hard earned cash before things go awry. You can also bank from your “iFruit” cell phone.
- “Create Your Own Missions” – Rockstar is providing players with a whole set of edititing tools to create their own missions.
- “Visit a Strip Club” – Watch girls dance, but don’t touch them while bouncers are looking. Bad things will happen. Rockstar has even included a “make it rain” button…
For the full details, check out IGN’s piece on GTA Online. Now, for some screens!