Cold Iron Studios has deployed the Aliens Fireteam Elite update 1.06 patch this September 8, and this is for Season 1 titled “Phalanx.” This introduces a new class kit, four new weapons, new cosmetic rewards and more.
The full patch notes alongside the version number used by the devs are all listed below. Those on next-gen platforms, this shows up as Aliens Fireteam Elite update 1.006.
Aliens Fireteam Elite Update 1.06 Patch Notes | Aliens Fireteam Elite Season 1 Patch Notes | Aliens Fireteam Elite Update 1.006:
We have implemented the following changes.
FREE CONTENT UPDATE:
New Phalanx Kit:
- Marine Phalanxes are named for their collapsible shields, which allow them to serve as mobile bunkers. As one arm is needed to hold the shield up, they are armed with a Handgun and CQW, both of which can be wielded in one hand. When swarmed, they can trigger a point-blank Shock Pulse to disrupt foes.
- Free for all players.
- Unlocks immediately when players log in after Season 1 is active.
- Includes the full suite of Perks for Phalanx, all obtainable through gameplay.
New additions to SSgt Park’s Armory:
- Four New Weapons:
- L33 Pike – Rifle.
- L59 Minigun – Heavy.
- Type 88 Heavy Assault Rifle – Rifle.
- N79 EVA Laser – Handgun.
- Two New Gun Colorways:
- Fleck Camo Autumn.
- Marble Gray.
- Two New Gun Decals:
- Nuke From Orbit.
- One New Head Accessory:
- Cowboy Hat – Straw.
WEY-YU ARMOURY DLC:
Now available in-game for all owners of the Deluxe Edition or for individual purchase for $9.99.
12 Kit Skins:
- 6 Weyland-Yutani Skins (One for each Kit).
- 6 Weyland-Yutani Spec Ops Skins (One for each Kit) .
- Skins for the Phalanx are included.
4 Weapon Decals:
- Nostromo Wings.
- There They Are.
- Wey Yu Sticker, Worn.
- Building Better Worlds.
4 Head Accessories:
- Weyland-Yutani Surface Expedition.
- Weyland-Yutani Cap.
- Weyland-Yutani EVA Helmet.
- Weyland-Yutani EVA SpecOps Helmet.
4 Weapon Colorways:
- Geode Blue
- Weyland-Yutani Operative.
- Weyland-Yutani Executive.
- Marble Black Gold.
- Air Guitar.
- Thumbs Up – Double.
- Finger Guns.
- 3 Challenge Card Packs.
- 3 Consumables Pack.
- Credit Pack:
- 12,000 Requisition Credits.
- 750 Reputation Scrip.
Starting with this update, all weapons will level up as intended. Up to this point, all level-based benefits were being applied immediately, despite the weapon not having unlocked them yet.
- So that we don’t negatively affect current players, we will be setting all currently owned weapons to max level for all character accounts created up to the implementation of this patch. Enjoy your 4 star guns!
- Due to the above change, along with assessing live progression speeds for weapons, we will also be lowering the XP requirements for each weapon rank. Guns will now reach max rank (4 stars) with the same amount of XP it used to take to reach 3 stars.
- Fix for audio issue with flamethrowers being used on players and bots at the same time.
- Fix for issue where sfx were not playing when collecting First Aid Kits.
- Fix for issue where all player sfx would be missing when leaving a queued mission.
- Fix for issue where VO of Intel and mission Ready Up screen play simultaneously.
- Fix for music issues in Campaign Four
- Fix audio issue where the revival recipient would also play the “revival” VO.
- Fixed a bug where automatic weapons’ gunfire sound could sometimes get stuck on a loop
- Fixed a bug where Hoenikker could be “insta-killed” on difficulties that allow for insta-kills (Extreme, Insane)
- Trauma Station: Hook up error message and widget flash for attempting to use when out of energy.
- Fixed a bug where charge based abilities didn’t benefit from Cooldown Reduction Perks.
- Fixed multiple places across the game where players could get stuck in the world geometry.
- Fixed multiple places across the game where players traverse, but enemies could not reach them.
- Added descriptions to currency in mission wrap-up screen.
- Added additional, specific “rewards earned” messaging.
- Additional credits added to the Credits screen.
- Added specific message on Campaign screen if a map has not fully downloaded yet.
- Updated translations.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing players from unlocking Horde Mode and the Recon Kit after completing the campaign prior to this patch.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent progression in Horde Mode.
- Fixed a bug where some players were not being awarded the Specialist Elite Kit Skin appropriately upon reaching Rank 8. Affected players who had already reached Rank 8 should now have the respective Skin unlocked automatically upon logging in after the implementation of this patch.
- Fixed bug where wireframe shapes would sometimes appear around players.
- Achievements – “Nukes, Knives, AND Sharp Sticks” will now properly unlock after attaching all three attachments instead of only one.
- General performance improvements
- General bug fixing and stability improvements.
- The Knife Trick Emote is now available at SSgt Park’s Armory.
For more about the game, read our interview with Cold Iron Studios right here.
Source: Aliens Fireteam Elite