With last week’s big Anthem update bringing the Cataclysm event and other changes to the game, it seems this is (hopefully) the start of BioWare’s weekly update to the game. Today, the Anthem Cataclysm Week 2 update and changes have been revealed by the studio, and there are new challenges, store items and more.
Called the “Community Cortext” by the studio, check out the complete Anthem Cataclysm Week 2 update below.
Cataclysm “Echoes of Reality” Changes:
- “Diana’s Landing” Event – You’ll now have a 4th arena to test your wits and boost your point output before taking on Vara. Diana’s Landing, which is located in the “Dominion Foothold” district, will have you facing the Riftmaster in this brand new puzzle. (No spoilers from me)
- Inversions Changes – Hope you didn’t get too used to Week 1’s buffs, as this week’s inversions are a bit different:
- Lightning Rod: Close-range kills chain lightning to nearby enemies.
- Close Encounters: Shotguns and Machine Pistols deal increased damage.
Seasonal Store Refresh:
- War Chest: Melee Weapon – (returning)
- War Chest: Gear – In addition to melee weapon War Chests, you’ll also be able to spend your earned Crystal currency on new War Chests containing a (random) javelin Gear piece. As a reminder, these War Chests allow you to trade in Crystals for a Masterwork item (with a chance to roll Legendary).
- Shard Torrent Armor Pack (Storm Javelin)
- Wrap: Fractured Twilight
- Painted: Amethyst Gemstone Material
- Graphic: Harmonic Crest
- Graphic: Night Lattice
- Decal: Emerald Warp
- Decal: Cobalt Warp
- Decal: Amber Warp
- Arrival: Kung Fu Bring It (Interceptor Javelin)
- Emote: Excited Come Here
Daily Cataclysm Challenge:
- Daily Cataclysm Arenas Challenge: Gear – These challenges granted a Melee weapon in Week 1, and now they reward you with a Gear piece (Masterwork with a chance to be Legendary). These can be repeated daily, so don’t forget them!
- Power of the Storm (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Storm javelin and be rewarded with one Storm Gear piece.
- Heart of the Ranger (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Ranger javelin and be rewarded with one Ranger Gear piece.
- Strength of the Colossus (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Colossus javelin and be rewarded with one Colossus Gear piece.
- Speed of the Interceptor (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Interceptor javelin and be rewarded with one Interceptor Gear piece.
NOTE: These are in addition to the other rotating Daily, Weekly and Monthly challenges, so keep an eye on your Path to Glory tab in the Challenges menu.
For a more detailed look at what’s in the Anthem store refresh today, check it out here. Let’s hope there’s another Cataclysm update next week, and that this is the start of the game’s road to redemption.
Source: EA Answers