Freelancers, BioWare has rolled out a new Anthem update today for the Cataclysm. Same as before, there are new challenges, and more. Note that this is a server-side update, so don’t expect to download anything. Check out the full Anthem Cataclysm update below.
Cataclysm “Echoes of Reality” Changes:
- “Crucible of Astrid” Event – This week we add the next arena to the Cataclysm, which you will want to finish before going to challenge Vara for maximum points (and Crystals). The Crucible of Astrid event, located in the “Trials of Might” District on the Cataclysm map, will have Freelancers working together with a set of 5 Echoes to switch ON and OFF the relic suppression fields. Per usual, teamwork is key and utilizing communication with your squadmates will help optimize your time.
- Inversions Changes – Here are this week’s Inversion changes:
- On the Edge: At low armor, damage dealt increases.
- Soldier’s Reward: Killing an enemy restores a small amount of shields.
Seasonal Store Refresh:
- War Chest: Weapon – Ever since these first showed up on the PTS for the Cataclysm, Freelancers have been asking when they’d be able to get their hands on these news weapons. Well, I am excited to tell you that the time has finally come! Pulse Accelerators, Volt Casters and Blade Slingers (all with three additional MW/LEG variants) are available in these new War Chests
and loot drops. If you want more details on the new weapons, we have additional details in our 1.3.0 Update Notes. As a reminder, the War Chests allow you to trade in Crystals for a Masterwork item (with a chance to roll Legendary). The chests are also the only way to acquire the lvl 66 MW and lvl 80 LEG items.
- War Chest: Melee Weapon – (returning)
- Piercer Armor Pack (Interceptor Javelin)
- Wrap: Neon Shard
- Painted: Diamond Gemstone
- Graphic: Gleaming Mantle
- Graphic: Purple Spire
- Decal: Guard Sheen
- Decal: Parry Sheen
- Decal: Strike Sheen
- Arrival Emote: Triple Axel (Storm Javelin)
- Emote: Cameraman
Daily Cataclysm Challenge:
- Daily Cataclysm Arenas Challenge: Weapon – These challenges granted a Support piece in week three, and now they will reward you with a new Weapon (Masterwork with a chance to be Legendary) here in the Week 4 update. These can be repeated daily, so… just another reminder to do your dailies. ?
- Power of the Storm (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Storm javelin and be rewarded with one Weapon.
- Heart of the Ranger (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Ranger javelin and be rewarded with one Weapon
- Strength of the Colossus (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Colossus javelin and be rewarded with one Weapon.
- Speed of the Interceptor (Daily) – Complete 3 Cataclysm arenas using the Interceptor javelin and be rewarded with one Weapon.
NOTE: These are in addition to the other rotating Daily, Weekly and Monthly challenges, so keep an eye on your Path to Glory tab in the Challenges menu.
According to BioWare, the new weapons do NOT drop, and are only available in War Chests (which players can purchase with Crystals or earn in Daily Challenges).
You should also check out the in-game store refresh here (with pics!).