While we just got Season 3 of Apex Legends, Respawn Entertainment isn’t stopping there. Announced today is the Apex Legends Halloween event called “Fight or Fright.” Set to launch this October 15, and running until November 5, a host of new content is set to be unleashed.
Here’s a summary of what to expect:
Limited Time Mode: Shadowfall – Experience a warped, dark version of the Apex games hosted by a mysterious figure known as Revenant. Sooner or later, players will end up joining Revenant’s powerful “Shadow Squad” without weapons or legend abilities — but with increased movement and jump speed.
Themed Content – Complete a variety of challenges to earn exclusive skins, badges and a music pack.
Limited Premium Cosmetics – Unlock a set of 24 themes, limited-time cosmetics; players can obtain these new in-game cosmetics through direct purchase for Apex Coins, direct unlock with Crafting Metals or random unlock with Event Apex Packs.
Double XP Weekend – Earn double XP for Top 5 finishes and wins. This bonus will affect both Account Level and Battle Pass progression.
The official EA site also has the info, and here’s the TL;DR version:
TL;DR – What’s in the Event & Key Changes to the Event Structure:
- Limited Time Mode – Shadowfall
- Featuring a nighttime version of Kings Canyon
- Exclusive event challenges with free earnable cosmetics, including Two Legendary Weapon Skins
- 24 Event Limited premium cosmetics that players can now unlock in one of three ways:
- Direct purchase for Apex Coins
- Direct unlock with Crafting Metals
- Random unlock with Event Apex Packs
- Additionally, the Event Currency in these packs has been replaced with non-event loot drops, yielding more loot overall
- Lifeline Heirloom Set Preview
- Unlock all 24 Fight or Fright pack cosmetics during the event and unlock the Lifeline Heirloom set for free
- Double XP for Top 5 & Wins Weekend
What’s interesting here is, players will be able to earn the Lifeline Heirloom set for free! This can be done by unlocking all 24 Fight or Fright Collection Pack Items. If you didn’t manage to unlock it during the event, you’ll be able to as it will be available as a bonus in Apex Packs post-event.
Here’s a quick FAQ regarding the items available in the event.
What is the availability of Event items?
- Event challenge badges, cosmetics and music pack – Event Exclusive
- 24 Fight or Fright cosmetics – Event Limited
- Lifeline Heirloom Set – Available for direct unlock during the event preview. Available via Apex Packs after the event ends
Is the Lifeline Heirloom Set available in any pack type during the Fight or Fright Collection Event?
The Lifeline Heirloom Set is only available via direct unlock after completing the Fight or Fright Collection during the Event and cannot be obtained via a Fight or Fright Collection Event pack.
When do Apex Pack openings count towards an Heirloom Set?
Apex Pack openings only count toward the 500 pack Bonus Heirloom Set opening limit when there are eligible Heirloom Sets available in the Apex Pack bonus pool.
For the full details, and even a preview of some of the cosmetics dropping, head on over to EA’s site.