EA announced that a new Collection Event is headed out next week for Apex Legends, and it will bring the limited-time mode Control back into rotation and more! The Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event is set to roll out this March 29 and will run until April 12, and it will bring in new content, as well as gameplay-related changes.
Apex Legends Warriors Collection Event Patch Notes & New Content:
Control is Back – The limited-time 9v9 mode Control is returning for two weeks, this time with the addition of Caustic Treatment on Kings Canyon.
The Caustic Treatment – Caustic Treatment has been converted into a three-point battleground for control over Kings Canyon. The battleground now comes equipped with additional cover, ziplines, skydive launchers, a hover tank and more to allow for increased balance and improved flow.
New Arenas Map: Drop-Off – The new map towers high above the Malta skyline at the fully-automated Hammond Manufacturing Tower. Codenamed Drop-Off, Arenas fighters covertly commandeer the place at night for fierce matches under the smoggy skies.
Event Items – The event introduces a new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics, including skins such as the “Synthetic Huntress” Ash Skin, “Riding Dirty” Octane Skin, “Jewel Olympus” Horizon Skin, “Combat Survivalist” Lifeline and more.
Reward Tracker – Each week of the event has its own rewards track. Players can earn points and refresh their challenges everyday. The Warriors Collection Event will also feature a stretch challenge that rewards four unique badges if players complete them during the event.
As for the patch notes, here’s what’s being fixed and adjusted for March 29:
CONTROL MODE UPDATES:
- Fixed issue where players would not be able to see or select spawn points on the Spawn Menu after dying while stimmed as Octane.
- Removed the Turbo Charger from Purple Tier weapons – Players have to get their Ratings up to Gold Tier in order to get it.
- Several crash fixes to help with mode stability.
- Fixed a UI bug where Mythic ammo icon appears on non-crate weapons when auto-reloaded.
- Fix for ammo disappearing from Rampart’s mobile Sheila when firing.
- Double Tap burst fire delay reduced from 0.475 to 0.375.
- Double Tap recoil improvements.
- Ammo reserves increased from 120 to 140.
HOP-UPS SPAWN RATE ADJUSTMENTS
- Increased spawn rate for Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
- Reduced spawn rate for Deadeye’s Tempo, Shatter Caps, and Boosted Loader.
- Fixed frame jitter that could appear while spectating a match.
- Fixed issue where Precision Choke was disabled by default on Golden TripleTake.
- Fixed issue where players could leave at the start of a match without being penalized.
- Fixed hack where players were able to duel-wield weapons.
- Fixed bug where players would not receive assist credit when damaging Gibraltar’s arm shield.
- Fix for bug when Crypto’s animation would glitch after using a finisher while in death protection.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to perform Ash’s skydive emote.
- Fixed bug where the Leaver Penalty warning would always show two minutes regardless of how many times you’ve disconnected.
- Fixed bug where damaging MRVN would count towards upgrading your Evo Shield.
- Fix for cases where Crypto can throw out multiple drones.
- Fix for cases where Pathfinder is able to grapple enemies indefinitely.
- Fix for cases where players are able to reset Wraith’s Tactical cooldown by ending her phasing while entering an Ash’s Portal.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in Bloodhound’s Cyber Hunt skin.
- Arenas: Fix for a bug where music could cut off at the start of a match in Habitat.
- Arenas: Fix for visual bug where Legend abilities would stay onscreen during a match.
- Various fixes to charging systems in weapons to work more consistently and by design.
- Fix for cases where players could remove bullet spread when using ziplines.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in reactive weapons after activating.
- Fix for cases where Wattson’s Ultimate’s shield regen would work through some windows in Command Center.
- Tropics Map: Fix for cases where players can be launched by Gravity Cannon while below it.
- Added tracker for “Battle Royale Wins”.
For a more in-depth look at the new stuff incoming, head on over to EA where some of the new cosmetics are also shown off. Once the title update is live, we’ll be sure to let our readers know.