Studio Wildcard has released the Ark Survival Evolved update 2.71 patch this December 14 on all platforms, and this is for new DLC! Players will be getting the community map Lost Island with the title update, as well as the return of Winter Wonderland, and some fixes are included as well. Read on for the full patch notes.
Ark Survival Evolved Update 2.71 Patch Notes:
Patch File Sizes (Estimated):
- PC / EGS: ~30GB
- XBOX: ~50GB
- PS4: ~50GB
- Character Upload/Download is enabled
- Item/Dino Upload is enabled
- Item/Dino Download is disabled
Current Version: v698.18 – 12/14/2021 – Major version update for clients and servers
- Free DLC ‘Lost Island’ is now available! Introducing a new map with over 150 sq km playable area, and 3 new creatures; the Amargasaurus, Dinopithecus, and Sinomacrops!
- Winter Wonderland will be making a triumphant return with new presents and goodies for ARK survivors. Use the server parameter -ActiveEvent=WinterWonderland to begin the event.
- For the duration of Winter Wonderland, we have disabled the world buffs from the Genesis Part 2 Missions on the Official Network: Baby Boon & Maewing Poach. In the past, we’ve adjusted for the impact this event has had on the rates by tweaking the bonuses that we use during the holidays, however those tweaks lead to unfavourable circumstances on maps that aren’t Genesis Part 2, so going forward during breeding events, we’ll be disabling these mission buffs specifically as not to affect the bonuses on other maps.
- Fixed some exploits
- Fixed some server and crashes
- Fixed a bug where the TEK Bow would fire inconsistently
Regarding the Lost Island community map DLC, there are three new creatures included in it, and there’s a trailer and more revealed as well:
Ark Survival Evolved Lost Island Free DLC Details:
Explore the soaring heights and hidden depths of ARK’s newest official community map, featuring three new creatures for you to tame! Lost Island boasts 150 square kilometers of new biomes, new challenges, and mysterious ruins.
Discover jungle valleys fed by giant waterfalls, build a treehouse high in the forest canopies, get down and dirty in vast mangrove swamps, dive deep underwater, brave treacherous snowy peaks, or spelunk uncharted cave systems in search of treasure… There’s something here for everyone!
Lost Island is the first community map released with three new creatures, and the first to include a creature chosen by the ARK community. Unleash thermal hell from atop your Amargasaurus, glide into battle with Sinomacrops at your back, or treat your enemies to a shower of Tek-disabling Dinopithecus dung!
- A 150 sq km map with a wide variety of unique biomes to explore
- Cascade Rift, a rainforest chasm carved by a flowing river and strung with thick vines
- Mangrove Mire, a forbidding region of flooded swamplands
- Castellate Peaks, a snow-capped alpine ridge that comes pre-fortified with stone fortresses
Source: Ark Survival Evolved