Blizzard, the studio most known for games like Warcraft, Diablo and Overwatch, has expanded to reach mobile devices with Hearthstone. Well, it seems the studio is pushing another title out for mobile platforms.
According to a recent job listing that has since been pulled, Blizzard is said to be hiring for an unannounced real-time strategy (RTS) MMO hybrid title. It’s said the project is being developed using the Unity engine.
Here’s the complete job listing:
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Unity mobile client engineer to work on an unannounced MMO RTS project. The ideal applicant has an unwavering passion for mobile development and solving engineering problems unique to mobile app environments. If you thrive in an environment that values creativity, collaboration, and knowledge sharing, then drop us a line!
- 5+ years of Game Development experience
- iOS and/or Android development experience
- Experience with Unity
- Fluent in C#
- Capable of working very closely with artists, designers, and engineers to understand and meet their client needs
- Strong understanding of game assets and handling asset version changes
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with optimizations for mobile platforms
- Experience with code optimization
- Fluency with C++
- Avid mobile application user
- Strong understanding of 3D graphics and shaders
- CS or related degree
- Strong data structures, logic, and algorithm skills
- Strong debugging skills
Could this be something the studio will unveil at this year’s BlizzCon? Maybe, maybe not. What we do know is the compamy won’t be announcing Diablo 4 or anything Diablo-related at the event.
Would you play a Blizzard-developed RTS MMO game? Would you want it to be based on a new IP or use an existing Blizzard license?