With Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s Operation First Strike coming to a close, the next op has been announced by Treyarch, and it’s set to introduce a whole lot of new everything! Expect Black Ops 4 new weapons, a new specialist (as hinted previously), new Black Market changes and lots more!
Called Operation Absolute Zero and coming first on the PS4 next week (with Xbox One and PC getting it a week later), the new Black Ops 4 Specialist is named Zero, and is said to be able to disrupt and distract enemies!
Operation Absolute Zero introduces our first new post-launch Specialist: Zero, a versatile and deadly hacker available in both Multiplayer and Blackout. In Multiplayer, Zero can disrupt and distract her enemies using the powerful hacking tools at her disposal, bringing new counteractive measures to the table in Black Ops 4. Players can unlock Zero by completing Tier 1 in the newly revamped Black Market and immediately start testing out her wonderful new toys.
In addition to Zero, a bunch of Black Ops 4 new weapons will be making their way into the Black Market as well! The Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon, which will be joined by new weapon camos, reactive camos and new reticles to unlock.
Players can get their hands on these new weapons ASAP by playing a new mode that’s being rolled out — Blackjack’s Gun Game! It’ll be one of the featured multiplayer playlists on the PS4. More featured MP playlists will be rolled out throughout the rest of the year, and a new holiday event starts December 13 on PS4 which will bring new seasonal items to unlock once again.
Once you make it to dry land, hop into the new ARAV armored vehicle with a friend and light up your foes with its turret-mounted machine gun. Players can also drop in as Zero after unlocking her, or as one of the four zombie-killing gladiators from IX after finding and completing the brand-new set of Blackout Zombies Character Missions.
We’re also amping up our collection of personalization items that can be used in Blackout in the new and improved Black Market, including new unlockable Blackout characters, new Epic Specialist Outfits, shared Warpaints, and more personalization items to use in the world of Blackout. Players will also find new weapons throughout Blackout starting December 11 on PS4 – try dropping into Firing Range next week to get your hands on the new hardware before anyone else does.
On top of the free content kicking off next week, there’s even more coming to Blackout soon with the addition of Custom Games, Weapon Camos, Stash interface updates on consoles, holiday map decorations, throwable Snowballs, new seasonal Special Event Tiers, in-game promos, gameplay improvements, and more.
Not a fan of the Black Market? Treyarch is revamping it for the launch of the new op to make tier progression “simpler and more rewarding.” Players will now be able to mix and match warpaints with different outfits, and gain access to warpaints without having to own the corresponding outfit.
Here’s what fans can expect on December 11 in terms of Black Market changes:
- 100 Clearly Defined Tiers: We’ve streamlined the progression experience by reducing the initial Tier showcase from 200 to 100. Every reward for the first 100 Tiers can be previewed in the Black Market right off the bat, so you can always track your progress toward your next favorite new item.
- New Earnable Weapons: We’re introducing our first batch of new earnable weapons in the Operation Contraband stream to deploy in your Multiplayer loadouts, including the Daemon 3XB SMG, SWAT RFT assault rifle, and Secret Santa melee weapon.
- New Specialist Unlock: Operation Absolute Zero begins in the Black Market with our new Specialist, Zero, unlockable at Tier 1 for use in Multiplayer and Blackout.
- New Item Categories and More Diverse Content: Weapon Camos, Reactive Camos, Reticles, shared Warpaints and new Mastercraft cosmetic weapon variants have been added to the Black Market by popular demand! Each Reactive Camo unlocked in the Black Market is uniquely designed for its designated weapon, while new Weapon Camos can be equipped across multiple weapons.
- New Mastercrafts: Players can now earn new Mastercraft weapon variants in the Black Market, including new ABR 223 Mastercraft for tactical rifle fans.
- New Blackout characters: Our Ultimis Zombies heroes are coming to Blackout in the Black Market! Keep an eye out for old-school Nikolai, unlockable at Tier 45.
- New Shared Warpaints: To give players more freedom to personalize their Black Ops 4 experience, Warpaints can now be equipped with outfits across different Themes on the same Specialist.
- Reserves Now Start at Tier 101: Players will earn cosmetic Reserve content after unlocking the first 100 Tiers of Black Market content, including all-new personalization items and a new Mastercraft. And if you haven’t completed the collection of Reserve items from Operation First Strike, don’t worry – they’re still included in Reserves for Operation Absolute Zero.
- Content Changes: While we’re also introducing new Gestures, Calling Cards, and additional personalization items along with the new content mentioned above, we aren’t adding any new Decals for Specialist Outfits to the loot pool to ensure every item earned can be immediately equipped and enjoyed in the game. As with the rest of the game, we’ll continue to refine the Black Market experience as the Operation continues.
- Daily Tier Skip for Zombies: As we mentioned above, all Zombies players can earn a bonus Daily Tier Skip in the Black Market by completing 15 rounds in a game of Classic Zombies each day.
Black Oops 4 competitive season plans have been outlined too!
After laying the initial groundwork for our CWL feature set with CWL Custom Games, CODCaster, and the Live Event Viewer on PS4, our sights for competitive play are now set on delivering the full suite of World League Hub features as soon as possible. While many of these features were initially planned to release in December, we are spending a little more time in development to give these features the polish that our competitive players expect and deserve. Here are the upcoming feature plans:
- December 7:
- Live Event Viewer (launching with CWL Las Vegas on PS4)
- Scheduled for early 2019:
- League Play Events
- Clans and Teams
You can read up on every bit of info along with the changes coming to Zombies right here.
Once the title update is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know. We’ll be covering Operation Absolute Zero in-depth and will report on anything new.