Get ready to take the medieval battlefield to different platforms whether you are playing in PC or consoles, as Chivalry 2 cross-play closed beta has officially started – running through an extended weekend from April 23 to April 26!
Here are the details on contents as featured on the press release.
- Cross-Play: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players on all platforms to face-off on the battlefield together.
- New map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry 2 since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- More modes: In addition to an additional massive Team Objective map called The Fall of Lionspire, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in Team Deathmatch maps The Battle of Wardenglade and Tournament Grounds.
- Massive scale: 64 players in sprawling, multi-stage Team Objective maps, complete with epic castle sieges, forest ambushes and good old medieval pillaging.
- Subclass system: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- Win with any weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
Chivalry 2’s cross-play closed beta was previously announced along with console pre-orders, which you can read about here.
Chivalry 2 will be released this June 8 for consoles and PC.