Phoenix Labs have unveiled the Dauntless next-gen trailer and details ahead of its December 2 launch, including everything in store for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S players. There’s a lot of stuff to cover, all of which are sure to excite players who are eagerly awaiting to enjoy the free-to-play monster-hunting experience on their newest consoles.
Dauntless Next-Gen Update Details:
Here is a rundown of everything coming with this next-gen update for Dauntless.
Slayers, the day you have been waiting for is finally close. December 2 will mark the official native launch of Dauntless on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. This launch brings seamless cross-generation and full cross-platform support to Dauntless across seven different platforms!
After the launch, PlayStation 5 players can claim and download the enhanced version of Dauntless for free from the PlayStation Store. Players on Xbox Series X|S will automatically receive the enhanced version of Dauntless via Smart Delivery.
If you are already playing Dauntless on a console or PC, there will be no need to start over on your next-gen console. True cross-progression means that your progress carries over across all platforms you play on. With full cross-play, it also does not matter which platform your friends play on — everyone can slay Behemoths together.
- Experience exceptionally improved visuals on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. This includes everything from beautiful new lighting and atmospheres, improved view distance, volumetric fog and other effects, to reworked environment textures, trees, water, grass, and higher quality shadows.
- On PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, enjoy dynamic 4K resolution targeting 60 FPS. On Xbox Series S, enjoy 1440p resolution targeting 60 FPS.
- Across all 3 next-gen consoles, get into the hunt sooner with up to 90% faster load times.
- 36 new achievements and trophies have been added, covering all of the great content we’ve added to the game since our initial console launch. This includes a shiny new Platinum trophy on PlayStation 5!
In addition to these new features, Phoenix Labs also revealed some exclusive ones for the PlayStation 5, specifically with the DualSense controllers.
- Enjoy in-game support for dynamic adaptive triggers and integrated sound from the DualSense wireless controller for PlayStation 5.
- You will also be able to enjoy 3D audio. 3D audio places you at the centre of everything in the game, allowing you to truly immerse yourself in the intensity of the sounds.
- If you like quick access to hunts, you will be able to instantly jump into select hunts from the Activities menu. At launch, we will have a few featured hunts you can instantly join.
Once the update is out, we’ll be sure to let our readers know. We’re expecting some gameplay-related tweaks and bug fixes to be part of this title update roll out.