Need something new in your slaying life in Dauntless? Phoenix Labs has just the thing! The Dauntless 1.33 July 30 patch is live, and it brings the massive “Clear Skies” content drop! Prepare for new locations, monster balances, weapon changes and lots more!
Dauntless Update 1.33 July 30 patch notes:
Hunt Pass – Clear Skies: Rewards list
- Updated move: The portal train aether move now leaves more corruption pools. Corruption pools now fire corruption projectiles at the player.
- Adjusted thrash move priority on Thraxes so that solo players will see more thrash attacks while mounted. Improved Thrax audio.
- Fixed a bug where Thrax would not play its combat entrance, instead remaining hidden.
- Fixed a bug where Thrax would still sometimes disappear during the portal train.
- Added an interrupt window and new stagger animation to Razorwing Kharabak’s dash spin attack.
- Reduced the amount of hits required to clear a swarm by 50%.
- Reduced the number of projectiles Kharabak can throw at once in both normal and aether-charged state.
- Slowed down the windup on Quillshot’s slide lunge forward attack to make it more readable.
- Right and left tusks now break independently, instead of at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where breaking the tusks on a variant of Quillshot wouldn’t make them disappear.
- Reduced frequency of teleports.
- Added longer teleport VFX when teleporting to a player position.
- Added a damage threshold interrupt window when becoming enraged.
- Added an interrupt window and new stagger animation to Riftstalker’s rage spin loops.
- Riftstalker’s portal VFX are now more readable and more precisely timed.
- Reduced range and duration of damage on Winterhorn Skraev’s spinning jump attack.
- Skraev’s ice wall attack now hits Slayers more reliably.
- Increased interruption windows on all glide attacks to make interrupts more reliable.
- Reduced turn warping on jump slam attacks.
- Improved Gnasher heads. They’re fluffier now.
- Reduced turn warping on Gnasher’s tail slam attack.
- Increased damage area during mount-jet-spawning slap attacks.
- Fixed a bug where Nayzaga couldn’t be interrupted during a portal slide.
- Fixed a bug where Rezakiri would glow entirely white when entering its aether-charged state.
- Increased time between aether-charged (shielded) states.
- Fixed a bug where Behemoths would enter rage more frequently than intended, especially in Escalations.
- Fixed a bug where Behemoth animations would sometimes become jerky.
New unique effect: once charged, your next attack places a frost brand that deals 2,000 damage after 30 seconds. Slayers can destroy the brand, prematurely detonating it for 50% increased damage. Charges every 90 seconds.
- Pangar prism is now available for repeaters.
- Currently-equipped weapon parts are now more visible in the crafting menu.
- Fixed a bug where firing a low quality shot from the Godhand would make the next shot act like a low quality one regardless of actual quality.
- Fixed a bug where Furious Axecore didn’t remove resolve from perfectly-charged attacks.
- Fixed a bug where spamming inputs at the end of the Malkarion legendary ability could cause incorrect animations.
- Improved Thrax legendary ability audio.
- Fixed a bug where Riftstalker weapon shadow orbs could appear to be floating in random places.
QUALITY OF LIFE:
In 1.3.0. we fixed a bug that caused ‘mercy invulnerability’ (invulnerability after getting hit) to last way longer than intended. As part of the fix, we decided that it should end when you could cancel your stagger by walking out of it. Well, this turned out to feel pretty bad. So now, you only lose your invulnerability when you do cancel your stagger. But if you just take your hands off the controller, you remain invulnerable until your character fully finishes standing up.
- New amps:
– Avatar of Corruption grants immunity to corruption. Stepping on a corruption pool absorbs it, granting +15% attack speed, damage, and movement speed for 10 seconds.
– Elemental Form: Radiant. On lantern tap, enter Radiant form, and heal nearby players for a percentage of your damage dealt. Cancelling Radiant with another form creates a healing explosion. Umbral form will now also explode for damage when cancelled by another form.
- New mod: Planar Voyage opens a portal to the Umbral realm, where you can collect umbral motes which grant 10% bonus damage to your whole team for a short period for each mote collected.
- The Styxian mod has been re-added.
- Squad Goals and Mender’s Gift will no longer appear in amp selection when playing solo.
- Bonds of Corruption amp now provides 15% bonus damage per enraged Behemoth, and 5% bonus lifesteal per aether-charged Behemoth.
- Hellions can no longer spawn with the Danger Zone mod.
- Airstrike Beacon is now usable in Umbral Escalation.
- Improved collision, boundaries, and environmental effects in Umbral Escalation.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Behemoths to jitter in Umbral Escalation.
- Torrent Shield and Medic +6 perks return to their full quantity of shielding whenever they are refreshed.
- Improved camera targeting in areas with multiple enemies.
- Added a tutorial for Bounty Tokens.
- Improved general combat audio.
- All screens in the airship lobby now show the countdown timer — no more surprise departures while changing gear!
- You can now draft bounties while visiting the Training Grounds.
- Inspect Player is now rebindable on PC.
- If a quest objective is on a different island, a quest and compass marker will point to the hunt board to indicate that you need to travel to complete it.
- You can now remove event quests from the quest tracker.
- When a quest requires you to upgrade an item, a quest marker will appear above the NPC, and the appropriate items will be marked in the UI.
- The End of Hunt screen’s progression changes are no longer an offensive bright green.
- Changed the display of damage numbers from the Drask Lantern Hold ability to show one large number per part hit rather than multiple small ones on the same part.
- Quests that require you to go to the Training Grounds or Ramsgate now have HUD indicators that lead you to the travel point.
- Improved menus, UI elements, text, and localization.
- Improved UI SFX.
- Made assorted CPU optimizations and FPS improvements, including player nameplates, high-population cities, pylons, gatherables, and banners.
- Slightly reduced load times.
- Improved matchmaking from and into Ramsgate/the Training Grounds.
- Improved the way island data is downloaded.
- Fixed a number of rare crashes.
- Heroic patrols now unlock upon accepting either the ‘Make Room Make Room’ or ‘Thrilling Heroics’ quest instead of just ‘Make Room Make Room.’
- Any tutorials you have completed are now available in the Journal.
- Fixed a bug where players had very little health after being revived.
- Fixed a bug in Escalation where Slayers weren’t granted rewards above common rarity before the final round.
- Improved consistency of invulnerability while Frozen.
- Fixed a bug where dodging couldn’t be buffered during an attack animation.
- Smollusks can no longer be invisible.
- Using a stim to recover from being downed can no longer block other players from using aether vents.
- Aether vents will now only show the interaction prompt if it is possible to interact with them.
- Fixed a bug where the From The Ashes amp could make you permanently invulnerable.
- The player inbox can no longer crash if there are no messages in it.
- Fixed a number of bugs that caused breadcrumbs to display incorrectly.
- Fixed a number of bugs with the quest tracker.
- Fixed a bug where a failed retry vote on Trials could cause you to get stuck instead of returning to Ramsgate.
- Manually setting the lantern button to LB no longer unbinds the legendary ability button.
- Fixed a bug that showed duplicate armour entries if you purchased a set of armour from the Vault but already owned parts of it.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Returning to Ramsgate counter to get stuck at zero seconds.
- Torgadoro weapons, Thrax banner standard, Thrax sigil, Thrax lantern, and crowns now have the correct rarity.
- Empty panels are no longer shown when no transmog is available for an item.
- Fixed a bug where Mastery notifications could be shown multiple times.
- Fixed a bug where the Threat Rating shown for some Behemoths was incorrect.
- Fixed a bug where the Escalation boost reward would not display correctly when claiming Hunt Pass rewards.
- Fixed a bug where text shown in chat when reaching the final Escalation arena showed the wrong element.
- Fixed a bug where tutorials and journal entries showed the wrong back button.
- Fixed a bug where the wrong image was shown on the Danger Meter tutorial screen.
- Fixed a bug where camera shake appeared incorrectly under high latency.
- Fixed a bug where ‘Q to interact’ didn’t work in Ramsgate.
- Fixed a bug where a line of subtitles would sometimes disappear too soon.
- Fixed a bug where the player would be unintentionally directed to the Weapon Overview screen.
- Fixed a bug where HUD elements for legendary repeaters didn’t change when swapping parts on the Training Grounds.
- Fixed a bug where hunt descriptions weren’t being shown on the map screen.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘Face the Fire’ quest didn’t appear on the hunt board.
- Fixed a bug that caused an unresponsive button prompt to show on locked tutorials
- Skirts and tabards no longer point upwards when using the Elevated Spirit emote.
- Fixed clipping issues with chest armours when using Tactile Waveform gauntlets.
- Fixed a bug where your hair colour on the Twist Out hair would appear incorrectly in menus.
- Fixed a bug where the Skullforge’s fire didn’t work correctly with hidden helms and transmogs.
- Fixed a bug where hiding your helm could cause your head to disappear.
- Fixed several places where it was possible to leap off the map using the war pike.
- The island edge recovery sequence is no longer limited to 30fps.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong atmosphere and lighting to be used.
- Fixed a bug where your lantern could be visible even if you weren’t.
- Fixed a bug where an opaque floating head appeared on perfect dodges.
- Iceborne VFX no longer prevents other player VFX from triggering.
- Feet no longer clip through the floor of the airship.
- Fixed a bug that could cause strafing movements to look like sliding.
- Fixed a number of bugs where audio didn’t play.
Whew! This Dauntless update 1.33 July 30 patch might be the biggest one we’ve seen yet! Happy hunting, people!