Developer Phoenix Labs has released the next major title update for Dauntless for the Infinite Radiance season! The Dauntless update 1.50 April 8 patch is live, and is also called patch 1.6.0 by the studio. There are new feature updates, monster tweaks and loads more. Head on below for the fill patch notes.
Dauntless Update 1.50 April 8 Patch Notes:
- Trials Updates: Trials have received some much-needed love and care. Trials goals are objective-based requirements such as winning without getting downed, designed to reward mastery of combat. Solo leaderboards are now separated by weapon type and will show the total number of goals completed. Complete goals to secure a higher spot on the leaderboard and earn rewards. Your completion time is taken into consideration to break ties.
- Reward Cache and Challenges: The Reward Cache is a seasonal store replacing the Vault that offers a wide range of goods in exchange for seasonal currency. A season will be roughly the length of two Hunt Passes. Here, you’ll find a number of items (including new weapon and armour skins), as well as aethersparks, patrol keys, and classic rewards from previous Passes. Unlock rewards using seasonal coins and crystals from new daily and weekly challenges: timed quests that will ask you to slay Behemoths, complete Escalations, and more. All Vault coins have been converted to these new seasonal currencies.
- Time Strike Hunt Pass: A new Hunt Pass harkens back to the days of old. The armour set at level 50 has been enhanced even further with premium VFX, and there are bonus armour skins along the track designed to mix and match with it. You can also earn 100% platinum back on your Elite track purchase by making it to the end of the Hunt Pass.
- Primal Behemoths and Perfect Strike: Strange fluctuations in radiant aether and time energy are being reported across the Shattered Isles. These disruptions are opening rifts to different pockets of time in the past and future. Throughout this season, players will get access to two timelines, each one bringing new Hunting Grounds challenges as well as a new seasonal talent trees unlocking unique abilities, starting this patch with the Past and its Perfect Strike ability.
- War Pike and Wound Rework: Our combat team has reworked wounding and given the war pike some love.
- Added the Silver Tonic Pack to the Lucky Break store for 150 steel marks which contains 25 aetherdrive tonics, 25 frenzy tonics, and 25 blitz tonics.
- Added the Gold Tonic Pack to the Lucky Break store for 150 gilded marks which contains 50 aetherdrive tonics, 50 frenzy tonics, and 50 blitz tonics.
- We have upgraded our internal anti-cheat tools. It will now be easier to verify suspicious times on Trials leaderboards and ban cheaters. Because of this, players will now require Windows 7 or later to play on PC.
- Sporestruck Charrogg poison vents no longer stagger Slayers on hit.
- Reduced the number of poison pools generated during Sporestruck Charroggs’ spore shot move.
- Added an interrupt window to the end of Deepfrost Embermanes’ roll attack.
- Dodge has a new unique animation, which travels farther and can be used to jump over small ledges.
- Taking damage no longer reduces the special meter charge.
- Slowed the rate of decay on the special meter.
- The special meter charge level no longer increases damage dealt.
- Retuned damage for all basic attacks to increase overall damage output.
- Piercing Flurry no longer consumes stamina.
- Piercing attacks generate 2% of the special meter per hit, harvesting attacks generate 7%.
- Ammo now only has four levels of quality (1/2/3/4) based on meter threshold when stored (10%/33%/66%/90%).
- Piercing attacks now deal 100% of base damage as part damage and 133% of base damage as wound damage.
- The Munitions Amplifier mod now provides an additional 25% quality to stored ammo.
- The Savage Wellspring special now has a fixed duration of 10 seconds.
- Ammo quality now affects the amount of critical chance for Savage Wellspring, up to 30%.
- Decreased the Concussive Payload aim time by 15%.
- The lunge from the Pike Charge now interrupts.
- The Pike Charge lunge base damage has increased to 250 (from 210).
- The Pike Charge lunge now triggers more consistently.
- The HUD meter now has threshold markings; ammo icon art has been updated, making it easier to distinguish between different ammo quality levels.
- Striking a wounded part no longer deals increased part damage.
- When a part is wounded, it will remain in that state for 15 seconds.
- Wounded parts have new VFX that show aether leaking from the wound.
- Parts can be wounded even if they have already been broken, and breaking a part while it is wounded will not end the wounded state.
- The player who wounds a part will enter an aether rush state, gaining +15% damage, attack speed, movement speed, and stamina regeneration for 20 seconds.
- Other players can enter aether rush by dealing 1,500 damage to wounded parts. This damage can be split over multiple wounded parts.
- If a player enters aether rush while it is already active, its duration will be refreshed.
- All sources of incoming healing are now properly affected by the Healing Boost nodes in the Slayer’s Path (now applied to Assassin’s Vigour, Stunning Vigour, and Vampiric cells in particular).
- Fixed a bug where players could hear Sporestruck Embermanes’ audio from across the map.
- Fixed a bug where some players couldn’t hear the Pufflepoppers (repeaters skin) audio. Bask in its glory, Slayer.
- Heartfire cosmetics’ visual effects will now appear correctly.
- Fixed a bug where the rocks in the Rocky Rest emote’s store preview would not rotate.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn inside a mountain after falling off a cliff in the Hunting Grounds.
- Fixed a hole in the ground on the Hades Reach map.
- Improved Behemoth spawn locations in Hades Reach so that they don’t spawn inside of terrain.
- Fixed an issue where some jump vents would trigger unprompted movements after landing.
- Fixed a bug where players would get stuck in the kneeling position if multiple players were reforging their weapons at the same time.
- Shrowd clones no longer count towards “kill x Behemoths” quest requirements.
- Slaying a Scorchstone Hellion now consistently counts towards the Wildfire rumour quest.
- Recommended power and resistance for hunts will now correctly factor in any power bonuses unlocked in the Slayer’s Path.
- Fixed a bug where some players would not see the DPS meter while on the Training Grounds.
- Airstrikes are now linked to Admiral Zai in the Slayer’s Path and are found in his crafting menu.
- Players can no longer sidestep level requirements by changing their loadout while matchmaking.
- Fixed a bug where the objective tracker HUD wasn’t displaying quests while on a hunt.
- Fixed an issue where players would not see an updated maximum stamina amount in the HUD until they spent stamina.
- The end of hunt screen now shows the number of seconds remaining before players are taken back to Ramsgate.
- Behemoth names no longer overlap in the Hunt Map.
- Buff icons are now smaller, as intended.
- Twin Suns (exotic repeaters) are now upgraded from the dedicated exotic screen instead of the barrel screen.
- Players can no longer change their selection during a core opening animation.
- Players will now see Slayer’s Path milestones’ roman numerals centred before and after every journey node unlock animation.
- Fixed various typos and errors across all text.
- Music transitions between battle states are now smoother and less jarring.
Once we know the next title update for the monster-slaying game, we’ll let our readers know.