Phoenix Labs has released Dauntless update 1.83 (PS5 version 1.000.011), or more known as the Return to Light title update patch 1.10.3! This adds a new behemote, new gear, the return of Escalations and more! Read on for the full Dauntless May 26 patch notes.
Dauntless Update 1.83 Return Patch Notes | Dauntless Update 1.000.011 Patch Notes | Dauntless Return to Light Patch Notes | Dauntless Update 1.10.3 Patch Notes | Dauntless May 26 Patch Notes:
NEW BEHEMOTH: ALYRA
The Alyra’s roars are almost musical, perhaps even beautiful. Each call is a note in symphony, rising in crescendo until a terrifying, deadly finale.
Alyras can create elemental glyphs that, when activated, change the Behemoth’s aetheric abilities. Blaze glyphs allow it to breathe hot flames. Frost glyphs allow it to summon freezing winds. The same is true of the entire aetheric spectrum, save umbral. If Behemoths are starting to draw power from all kinds of aether, the arrival of the Alyra could mark the next evolution of Behemoth-kind.
Hunt Alyras in the new Melodic Convergence Island Event on The Paradox Breaks and in various Escalations.
Escalations return! Travel to a distant Avellanian research facility, built atop the ruins of an ancient temple, and help stop the Chronovore for good. Uncover the secrets hidden in this place of power to get an advantage in battle.
Radiant Escalation features new amps to improve your Slayer between rounds, including Homefield Advantage, which turns your banner into an inspiring support item, and Earthshaker, which turns your jumps into powerful attacks.
Use parts from the new Behemoth Alyra to craft Glyph Weaver weapons and the Spellbound armour set.
Unique Weapon Effect: on lantern use, spawn a glyph that charges after 3 seconds, based on your active glyph type. Once charged, the glyph will break when a Behemoth makes contact.
– Red Glyph: Deals 1500 radiant damage in a radius.
– Blue Glyph: Grants 150 stacking shield to all Slayers in a large radius. Shield expires after 25 seconds.
Jump to change your active glyph type.
The Invigorated mobility cell can now be obtained from cores or by fusing cells at the Middleman. The Spellbound Hood and Spellbound Gauntlets crafted with Alyra parts also grant this perk.
Effect: while below 50% of your maximum Stamina, gain +10/15/20/30/40/50% movement speed.
HUNT PASSES: SHADOW SLAYERS & SECRET ASSASSINS
The Andari Assassins emerge from the shadows once again. Just in time to help in the fight against the light.
Shadow Slayers brings brand new rewards while Secret Assassins contains returning rewards originally available in Hidden Blades (2019).
RETURN TO LIGHT: SURGE
The Return to Light season continues with new weekly challenges, story quests, and Reward Cache items. Collect Prismatic Coins to unlock the Adamant gear set inspired by the Scarred Master’s order of aether-wielding monks.
HEROIC ESCALATION: CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT
Heroic Radiant Escalation enters the weekly rotation on June 23. Complete it to unlock the Crest of the Chronovore crown. Conquer all six Heroic Escalations and acquire each crown to get access to the legendary Crown of Many Colours.
TRIALS REWARD: CHAMPION’S LIGHT
The Champion’s Light lantern skin is now available at Lady Luck’s shop. Slayers must have successfully held a place in the top 100 of the Trials leaderboard to see this item on offer.
- New Chronovore-themed banner fabric and sigil rewards can now be earned by reaching Radiant Escalation talent level 25.
- The Chronovore cosmetic armour set can now be earned by reaching Radiant Escalation talent level 25. The Chronoslayer Event Pass can still be completed by Slayers who have unlocked it, but it can no longer be unlocked.
- Updated The Chronovore’s journal entry to reflect the latest events in the Shattered Isles.
Returning to Radiant Escalation was a great opportunity to think about Escalation as a whole. One of the biggest changes to the game mode is the removal of the Strega’s Tonic talent and the addition of Strega’s Harvester.
Strega’s Tonic created a problematic design space for Escalation. While the mode has a lot of defensive power, always-on lifesteal for all players of all skill levels makes designing true challenges… challenging. With the addition of Iceborne and other defensive omnicells, Strega’s Tonic no longer contributed to the kind of experience we wanted Slayers to have.
On the other hand, adding Strega’s Harvester should now make it more rewarding to play Escalations past Talent Level 25. Slayers may not be able to choose the Behemoths they see, but they’ll receive more total breaks than they would have previously. This also gives Slayers an additional way to increase their odds and reduce the time spent getting the parts they need to craft legendary weapons.
- Elemental variants can now appear in escalations outside that of their own element.
- Replaced the Strega’s Tonic talent with the Strega’s Harvester talent in all Escalations. Strega’s Harvester grants a 5/10/15% bonus chance to get double parts from any break in the related Escalation.
- Changed the Planar Voyage modifier. Slayers in the umbral realm are now unstaggerable and take 50% less damage. Every 750 damage dealt to the Behemoth while in the umbral realm builds a stack. When Planar Voyage ends, all allies get a +10% damage buff for each stack built.
- Changed the Farslayer’s Precision amp to increase wound damage dealt without reducing part damage.
- Behemoths in Heroic Escalation and Trials no longer have additional wound health scaling on top of their normal power levels.
With the Chronovore no longer feeding on this island, it was the perfect opportunity to revisit this Hunting Ground. We’ve heard feedback on the modifiers here and on how the obstacles to hunting the Chronovore are sometimes too great for it to feel fun. This island now has a new boss Behemoth and a simpler way to lure it out of hiding.
- Behemoths on The Paradox Breaks no longer spawn with the Elder Spikes or Primal Pylon modifiers. All Behemoths on this island still drop 1 Chrono-Stone upon defeat.
- Activating the Paradoxicon now costs 4 Chrono-Stones, instead of 8.
- Activating the Paradoxicon now begins the Melodic Convergence island event, instead of Temporal Anomaly. Alyra always spawns in the third round of Melodic Convergence.
Since its first appearance on The Paradox Breaks, we’ve been iterating on this encounter based on player feedback. 1.10.3 includes some changes to attacks, making them easier to read and understand. It also brings more improvements to collision for times when the Behemoth is moving quickly. We’ll continue to look at your feedback as we prepare Soulreaper Chronovore for Heroic Radiant Escalation.
- Shortened the damage window of all tail attacks.
- Reduced the speed of the Chronovore’s Tail Sweep attack.
- Increased the interrupt window for interruptible moves.
- Radiant beam attacks now stagger when hitting a player.
- Increased the duration of the anticipation animation that plays when the Chronovore transitions from its knotted state to its Tail Swipe attacks.
- Slowed the Chronovore’s Snake Bite attack and increased the duration of its tell.
- Increased the time between the Chronovore disappearing and reappearing to grab a Slayer during its Temporal Mastication sync attack.
- Radiant aether shockwaves now trap Slayers in radiant prisons instead of applying the on-fire debuff.
- Increased the area-of-effect range of the Chronovore’s Slam attack.
- Perfectly charged axe strikes now also grant 50% damage reduction to the user, in addition to stagger immunity.
We’ve heard that some of the Radiant effects in Dauntless (in particular the blinded effect caused by Rezakiri and radiant smollusks) can be painful for players with more sensitive eyes. These changes are a step toward a better experience for photosensitive players, but we know there’s more to do. Please let us know your feedback so we can iterate and improve our radiant light effects.
- Changed the blinded effect caused by Rezakiri’s entrance, exit, and Radiant Prison attacks from a pure white screen to a temporary grey-scale fade effect.
- Changed the blinded effect caused by Radiant Smollusks from a pure white screen to a temporary grey-scale fade effect.
- Adjusted the beams on Rezakiri attacks. These should no longer cause large areas of the ground to flash intensely.
- Improved a number of the Chronovore’s attack animations to add more bounce, overlap, and feedback.
- Adjusted hitboxes across various attacks to better match the animations.
- Improved player collision with the Chronovore.
- Improved VFX for radiant projectiles to more clearly communicate its effect.
- Improved VFX during rage state.
- Improved VFX for the Timeline Breach attack. The exact location of radiant aether shockwaves should now be easier to see.
- Adjusted the Chronovore’s vocalisations.
- Increased the amount of time mod descriptions are shown before an upcoming round.
- Amps with effects that scale with the amount of Slayer’s selecting them, like Squad Goals, now display how many players have selected them in the chat message.
- Gave special names to all Heroic versions of Keystone Behemoths:
– Stormrider Malkarion
– Landbreaker Torgadoro
– Feareater Thrax
– Blightbringer Agarus
– Bonechiller Urska
– Soulreaper Chronovore.
- Updated Koshai running animations. No more slowly sauntering back to the aether vent.
This change may not be noticeable at first, but this is the start of some major improvements to how beams and projectiles work in game.
- Updated Valomyr’s Constellar Beam attack to use a new beam effect system.
- Unlocking the Lantern Crafting node now also grants the Recruit’s Lantern. Slayers who already unlocked that node will get the Recruit’s Lantern added to their inventory.
Lantern Ability: Grants 300 shields (does not stack). What’s this for?
- Updated the start screen welcome message. Clear skies, Slayers.
- Updated the main menu artwork to show your Slayer in the preview area.
- Rewrote menu descriptions for all game modes, adding potential rewards and unlock requirements. This should help new Slayers find the content that’s right for them.
- Adjusted menu descriptions for all Hunting Grounds. This should help all Slayers know what to expect on each island.
- Updated the combat info screen to reflect recent changes to status effects and added the corrupted and swarmed status effects.
- Improved the spacing and navigation of some Slayer’s Path nodes.
- Improved the Escalation overview screen to be easier to navigate and show more relevant artwork.
- Updated the text on End of Hunt screens.
- Removed the word “challenge” from Aether Winds UI to reduce confusion with Challenges.
- Added new hints that appear on loading screens.
- Fixed an issue where the Chronovore’s body would incorrectly receive part damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Chronovore’s glowing eye effect would be misplaced during its rage state.
- Fixed an issue where Malkarion’s mastery cards didn’t unlock properly.
- Fixed an issue where players could not break Thrax’s parts after its Portal Train attack.
- The Icy Grave modifier now targets players who are Chilled, since the Frozen status no longer exists.
- Clarified the description of the unique effect for Hellion weapons. It now refers to “blaze status buildup” instead of “major blaze damage”.
- Clarified the Bastion Omnicell description to correctly state it grants a chance to gain shields when dealing damage (not when taking it).
- Fixed an issue where weekly challenges would appear to have reset.
- Fixed an issue where objectives that asked Slayers to collect an item would sometimes not complete.
- Fixed an issue where bounty names would sometimes run outside of their box when displayed in languages other than English.
- Fixed an issue where breaking Skarn’s rock shields wouldn’t progressive objectives properly.
- Fixed an issue where some objectives had incorrect strings.
- Fixed various text issues in multiple quests.
- Fixed an issue where some players would not be able to claim their daily reward at the fountain until they re-entered Ramsgate.
- Fixed an issue where lesser Behemoths could spawn in the Aether Surge island event on Cape Fury.
- Fixed an issue where Phaelanx could spawn weaker than intended during the Infernal Gaze island event.
- Fixed an issue where broken trees had the incorrect texture. No more “Party Trees.”
- Fixed an issue where some environment textures could appear as solid black on some platforms.
- Fixed an issue where Behemoths would sometimes spawn in strange places on The Paradox Breaks and get stuck in the Paradoxicon arena.
- Slayers can no longer fall through the sand piles in the Paradoxicon arena on The Paradox Breaks.
- Improved overall performance on The Paradox Breaks.
- Fixed an issue where aether-charged music would not play correctly in some encounters.
- The Monstrous Horns helm skin no longer makes the player appear bald.
- The Malkarion’s Crest crown once again displays the correct icon.
- Fixed an issue where the Marauder’s coat would clip with body type 2.
- The First Slayer Helm once again displays the correct icon.
- Fixed an issue where the Champion’s armour skins would sometimes have the wrong default dye colours.
- Fixed the rarity for some cosmetic types.
- The social panel now properly displays Linked Slayer invites.
- Fixed an issue where players using a controller could sometimes get stuck in the Hunt Pass selection screen.
- The True Love flare once again displays the correct symbol.
- The Bloodshot flare once again displays the correct symbol.
- Renamed the “Vortex (Hero)” dye to “Hero” to avoid confusion with the actual “Vortex” dye.
- The Contusion dye now properly displays the correct name in the inventory.
- Locked islands no longer always incorrectly say you must be level 18 in the warning at the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed a typo in The Hunger’s description.
- Fixed an issue where the objectives listed in the Trial Goals panel would occasionally flicker. This UI element now also respects the Large Text setting.
- Fixed an issue where Challenge Complete notifications would display the wrong coin icon.
- Fixed a number of issues with the social panel.
- Fixed a number of issues in the Hunt screen.
- Fixed a number of issues where near-transparent boxes would appear in various UI screens.
- Fixed a number of issues where translated text would occasionally run outside of its text box.
- Fixed some instances of squished icons or logos.
- Fixed various typos in multiple journal entries