The wonderfully horrifying Dead by Daylight is free to play on Steam for this weekend. Grab a bunch of friends and compete in this asymmetrical, Michael Myers-esque multiplayer experience. You’ve got until the end of Sunday to try it out! Here’s a link directly to the game’s steam page.
Note that there’s currently a 50% discount on both the base game and the “Deluxe Edition.”
Those unfamiliar with Dead by Daylight can read up on its key features here:
• Survive Together… Or Not – Survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Your chance of survival will vary depending on whether you work together as a team or if you go at it alone. Will you be able to outwit the Killer and escape their Killing Ground?
• Where Am I? – Each level is procedurally generated, so you’ll never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean you will never feel safe as the world and its danger change every time you play.
• A Feast for Killers – Dead by Daylight draws from all corners of the horror world. As a Killer you can play as anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entities. Familiarize yourself with your Killing Grounds and master each Killer’s unique power to be able to hunt, catch and sacrifice your victims.
• Deeper and Deeper – Each Killer and Survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit your own personal strategy. Experience, skills and understanding of the environment are key to being able to hunt or outwit the Killer.
• Real People, Real Fear – The procedural levels and real human reactions to pure horror makes each game session an unexpected scenario. You will never be able to tell how it’s going to turn out. Ambience, music, and chilling environments combine into a terrifying experience. With enough time, you might even discover what’s hiding in the fog.
What’s more, Texas Chainsaw Massacre‘s Leatherface is now available on PC as a purchasable character, costing $3.99. He’ll also be coming to consoles soon.
Will you be trying out Dead by Daylight?