With Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer starting this week, guardians will have more stuff to do next week, as Bungie has announced that Lord Saladin is coming back! The Destiny 2 Iron Banner May 2021 schedule has been announced, and there’s even a little peek at the new weapons coming in as rewards.
Destiny 2 Iron Banner May 2021 Schedule:
START: MAY 18 AT 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT HKT
END: MAY 25 AT 10 AM PDT/1 PM EDT/1 AM HKT
Some of the changes guardians will see is that the re-enabled Heavy weapon step is now easier to complete, as it only requires three Machine Gun kills to finish!
Here’s a look at what’s coming:
We showed off two new weapons as well as two Year-1 weapons that are getting random rolls for the first time in a previous TWAB. Here is another look in case you missed it!
Bungie also talked a bit about Armor Synthesis:
- Armor won’t show up if a player is wearing that armor.
- Some armor sets were purposely combined into one set to reduce players accidentally overspending their tokens for duplicate armor. Examples include:
- Gambit Prime Armors – Anyone who unlocked a Gambit Prime armor set has access to the Illicit (Basic) Gambit Prime Armor Synthesis universal ornaments.
- Leviathan Prestige Class Items – The Prestige class items from the Leviathan raid uses the same arrangement as the base version, but uses a different dye to distinguish the two, so we reduced these two items into one item for Armor Synthesis.
- Red War Parade Armors – The Legendary sets share appearances with the armor from the Red War introductory mission.
- Green and Blue Solstice Armor – The appearances of these armors are identical without support of the Glows and were reduced to a single set. The green set also matches the wrecked parade armor, so it was reduced further.
- Purple Solstice Armor – As we announced last week, glows from 2018’s and 2019’s Solstice of Heroes are being worked on and will be implemented later this year for the Legendary armors only.
- Exotic Armor – Exotic armor cannot take the appearance of alternate armor, nor can Exotic armor be converted into a Universal Ornament and used on Legendary armor.
- Year 1 Armor Ornaments – These are being worked on and will be implemented later this year.