In one final weekly update before the big patch, Bungie shared the Destiny 2 next update patch notes preview for the 30th Anniversary, informing players on what to expect on December 7. In less than a week, Bungie will be dropping their last big patch before Destiny 2‘s next big expansion next year, The Witch Queen. Check out the rundown below.
- Related Reading: Destiny 2 Ability Changes for Dec. 7 Update Detailed by Bungie
Destiny 2 Next Update Patch Notes Preview
- Screen Explosions
- Reduced the bright flash/intense glows.
- Updated near fade on particles.
- Hive Headshot and Darkness Blast
- Hive headshot VFX intensity reduced.
- Hive Darkness blast detonation and projectile intensity reduced.
- Taken projectiles and muzzle flashes
- Arc rifle, Taken slug rifle, Necromancer VFX reduced intensity and normalized lights.
- Hallowed Lair Boss Fight
- Adjusted intensity/particle near fade for multiple VFX in boss fight.
- Area of Effect tell intensity (how players understand the boss is casting Lightning).
- Lightning Strike particles and light intensity reduced.
- Impact particle near fades updated.
- Cloud brightness animation frequencies slowed down.
- Decals reduced in intensity.
- Scorn VFX
- Intensity of spawn/object effects.
- Performance and near fades updated on spawn.
- Toxic muzzle flash, projectile, performance and intensity tweaks.
- Finisher Intensity
- Adjusted shader and lights on finisher to not bloom.
- Arc Abilities & Screen Effects
- Arc object effect debuff have reduced intensity when in close proximity/first person.
- Reduced on/off flashings of Arc screen effects.
- Reduced on/off flashing of Arc screen shaders.
- Dreaming City weapons now drop more frequently upon successful Blind Well completions.
- If you’re looking to round out your Dreaming City weapon collection, we highly recommend giving the Blind Well a few runs!
- Fixed an issue where dynamic objects, like barrels or bricks with physics and Hive exploding objects, were missing from this map
- To reduce the overall length of the strike and make it less painful after hard wipes in the elevator encounter, we have removed the Taken combatants in the dark Ascendant Plane hallway leading up to the elevator.
- If a fireteam hard wipes during the final phase of the boss fight in the Ascendant Realm, when they respawn the portal to the Ascendant Realm will take them straight to Phase 2, instead of making them replay the platforming section between Phase 1 and Phase 2.
- When a fireteam arrives at the platforming area before the boss fight in The Adytum, any fireteam members or Ghosts left behind in earlier parts of the strike will now be teleported forward to join their fireteam.
- When players begin the elevator encounter, any straggler players or their Ghosts will be pulled forward to join their fireteam.
- Fixed an issue where Sedia’s shields would regenerate faster than expected on Nightfall difficulties. Her shields now regenerate based on health threshold in Nightfalls, just like they do in Direct Launch or the Vanguard Playlist.
- The portal to the Ascendant Realm after Phase 1 of the boss fight should now reliably place players facing the correct direction.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the combatants from walking to part of the right-side area during the first half of the boss-fight. Psions should now spread out a little bit more on that right platform.
- Fixed an issue where a Taken Acolytes was spawning and immediately falling to its death during the floating platform area before the boss fight.
- Fixed an issue where, in certain conditions, the relic would de-spawn and never respawn during the boss phase.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue where the relic spawners during the boss would spin before the relic was spawned.
- Once a player is hit by a Dunemarchers lightning chain, they cannot be hit again by Dunemarchers for 2s.
- Dunemarchers lightning now only chains on targets that are alive.
- Stasis overshield can now be cancelled by pressing the class-ability input once more.
- Display-only text chat will be available for all consoles with the release of the 30th Anniversary Pack on December 7.
- With the launch of The Witch Queen, USB keyboard text chat will arrive for consoles.
What is Display only text chat on consoles (30th Anniversary)?
- You’ll be able to turn on text chat display in your settings.
- By using the Ghost menu, you’ll be able bring up the display again if you’d missed a message.
- You will not be able to send messages, but you will finally be able to read what your PC fireteam mates are chatting about.
What does USB keyboard text chat on consoles mean (The Witch Queen)?
- You will NOT be able to move your character via the keyboard.
- You’ll be able to invoke the text chat window by pressing enter.
- You’ll be able to text chat using the full suite of chat channels in Destiny.
- You will be able to pick from five different font size display options.
- IME support will follow in an update shortly after Witch Queen.
UPDATE 3.4.0 RELEASE SCHEDULE
- 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance begins.
- 8:45 AM (1645 UTC): Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 9 AM (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.4.0 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions.
- 10 AM (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance completes.
UPCOMING KNOWN ISSUES
- Forsaken Ciphers – Forsaken Ciphers don’t appear in a player’s loot stream if players already own Forsaken. The Ciphers can be picked up from the Forsaken section of the Monument to Lost Lights Exotic Archive in the Tower. They will end up in a player’s Consumables inventory, but if the inventory is full, they may go to the Postmaster. Players should pick these up immediately so that they don’t get pushed out of the Postmaster.
- Moments of Triumph – One Triumph’s description states that one Lost Sector on Master Difficulty needs to be completed, but there are four that need to be completed.
DESTINY 2 LEAVING XBOX GAME PASSOn December 8, Destiny 2 and its expansions (Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light) will leave Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming for Xbox consoles. Destiny 2 will remain on the Xbox Game Pass for PC.Once Destiny 2 leaves Xbox Game Pass, players who don’t own any of the expansions on the Xbox platform will lose access to:
- Expansion quests and campaigns.
- Stasis Subclass, which is Beyond Light-specific.
- The middle-tree Supers for each subclass. The purchase of any major expansion (sans Bungie 30th Anniversary Pack) will unlock these Subclass supers.
- the 10% off perk for Silver purchases and other game add-ons.
Items, such as Exotics, already acquired will still be available for players who earned them, and Season Passes will remain active.