It’s a case of something old is new again in Destiny 2 as Bungie has announced quite a few “new” stuff that’s coming to the game and then some. Chief among them are Destiny 2 Prismatic Recaster changes, Titles, and more.
- Related Reading: Destiny 2 Trials of Osiris Rewards This Week January 22, 2021
In the latest weekly blog post by Bungie, the studio announced that Umbral Engrams are back as well as the Prismatic Recaster though with some changes.
Back in 2020, Season of Arrivals introduced a new feature called Umbral Engrams which allowed Guardians to Focus rewards to the type of weapons and armor rolls they most desired. The system was well-received by the community so we decided to do a little tuning and bring them back for Season 13 as well as future seasons in Year 4.While the new Seasonal activity will always provide the fastest path to earning new rewards. We want to ensure that regardless of how you spend your time in Destiny, Umbral Engrams allow you to chase new rewards.Similar to Season of Arrivals, Umbral Engrams will drop from completing a variety of content. We have pared back the number of activities they will drop from so you can focus on the following activities if you are looking to farm some Umbral Engrams:
- The Ordeal
- Public Events
- Blind Well
- Nightmare Hunts
- Exo Challenges
- Empire Hunts
- New Seasonal ActivityNote: Umbral Engrams also have a chance to drop from defeating enemies anywhere in the game, so even if you’re not grinding this list of activities and playlists, you’ll still be earning some Umbral Engrams.You may notice fewer umbral engrams sitting in your inventory than before. While it was fun to watch umbral engrams rain down on players in season 11, the drop rates were higher than expected and so we are rebalancing the drop rate.There will be a short quest to show players how to use the new Prismatic Recaster (read more about this below) to Focus Umbral Engrams. This quest is account-wide so you only have to do it once.
PRISMATIC RECASTERThe Prismatic Recaster returns as a kiosk with the capability to change Umbral Engrams into Focused Umbral Engrams, which contain a smaller loot-table. Because Umbral Engrams are here to stay, the new Recaster will have different pages for each Season, and you will be able to Focus engrams to the Season of your choice.
PRISMATIC LENSWe have a new way to unlock different Focusing options for your Umbral Engrams through a new reward called Prismatic Lenses.A Prismatic Lens will unlock a new Focusing option so you can:
- Target a narrower collection of gear.
- Target specific armor stats.You will be able to earn Prismatic Lenses by doing various activities in the game and you can track your progress towards unlocking lenses at the Prismatic Recaster. We don’t want to spoil everything though – so we’ll let you discover how to start earning these in Season 13.
TITLES – A GILDED AGEWe wanted to share a change coming to Seals and Titles in Season 13. As I’m sure you’ve noticed, we’ve been shipping a Flawless and Conqueror Title each of the last three Seasons. We liked the idea of reengaging with Titles Season over Season, but we don’t like the challenge and time commitment of doing the entire thing every Season. So, it’s time to make a change!As always, we start with the goals:
- Allow players to show off their engagement with the core rituals season over Season.
- Preserve the value of earning the base Title.
- Decrease the amount of grind required Season over Season for players that want to earn them all.Starting with season 13, if a player has completed the Seal for one of our core ritual Titles (Unbroken, Dredgen, Flawless, Conqueror), players will have a series of additional Seasonal objectives to gild that Title.But wait, what does gilded mean?
- A series of Seasonal objectives to gild a core ritual Title.
- A new border around the Seal in the Triumphs UI.
- A pip tracking how many times in your career that you’ve gilded a given Title.
- A new color and symbol for the Title over your head. So that you can show off, of course.What do I have to do to gild a Title?Once you finish the base Seal and claim your hard-earned Title, a list of optional Seasonal objectives will be revealed. By completing these Seasonal objectives you’ll earn your gild for the Season.What happens when the Season is over?Each Season, the optional gilding objectives will reset and may even change to fit the unique experiences of any given Season. All of the base objectives of the Title will be preserved, and your Title will revert to its typical purple coloring.Which Titles will be affected?The four core rituals of Trials, The Ordeal, Crucible, and Gambit.
- DredgenFeedback please!These changes are a result of the constructive feedback we get from all flavors of players in the Destiny community. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep that feedback coming and happy Triumph hunting.